A Victorian man in his twenties has died of coronavirus, making him the youngest victim in Australia.
President Daniel Andrews announced on Friday that Victoria had recorded another 372 new coronavirus cases and 14 deaths overnight.
One man in his twenties, three women and two men in his eighties, and four women and four men in his nineties were among the youngest victims.
The numbers assume 289 fatalities and 375 fatalities.
There are 659 Victorians in the hospital, 41 in intensive care units.
Mr Andrews warned that the state was recording an alarming number of mysterious cases.
“We have certainly seen a significant increase in so-called mystery cases or cases of unknown acquisitions.
"About one in five or 20 percent of the cases are mysterious cases or cases of unknown acquisition."
Brett Sutton, chief health officer, said a large proportion of the mysterious cases were linked to people ages 20 to 29.
President Daniel Andrews announced on Friday that Victoria had recorded another 372 new coronavirus cases and 14 deaths overnight
A Victorian man in his twenties has died of coronavirus, making him the youngest victim in Australia (pictured, a nurse is doing a COVID-19 test at a pop-up clinic in Ballarat).
Brett Sutton, chief health officer, said a large portion of the mysterious cases were linked to people ages 20-29 (pictured, a child with cold and flu-like symptoms is tested for COVID-19 at a Ballarat pop-up clinic ).
State Premier Daniel Andrews noted that a significant number of mysteries were still surfacing in the state (pictured, nurses at a COVID-19 testing clinic in Ballarat).
"This is mainly because we associate many of our older cases with known outbreaks. They are known to be in nursing homes and they are also known to be in hospital clusters or outbreaks."
Mr. Sutton gave an explanation for the trend, saying that younger people are more active in the community.
"They're likely to be more mobile, more essential household activities, more engaging with the workforce, more opportunities for the age group to become infected and exposed to transmission."
The state government is now opening new test sites in Geelong, Ballarat and Bendigo after the cities recorded a total of more than 250 cases in the past 14 days.
This morning it was reported that "patient zero" was a hotel manager, not a security guard as previously believed, for the state's fatal second wave.
The Age newspaper reports that leaked emails identify a night duty manager at one of the quarantine hotels in Melbourne's CBD who was infected on May 25 and believed to intercept the virus from a returning traveler.
Several security forces have also intercepted the virus and passed it on to their close contacts.
It was later revealed that guards had violated social distancing rules and some were accused of allowing separated families to play cards and even have sex with returning travelers.
Prime Minister Daniel Andrews criticizes the state's "extremely slow" contract prosecution regime.
Providing an explanation for the trend, Mr Sutton said younger people in the community are more active (pictured, a health care worker is being tested for COVID-19 at the Ballarat test clinic).
Australian Armed Forces staff and police officers patrolled Melbourne last week
Contact tracing involves asking infected people to find out who they came into contact with during an infection.
Close contacts are supposed to isolate you if you also suffer from the disease.
Victoria's tracking regime has been criticized since July because officials were too slow to interview patients.
On Thursday, Mr Andrews said that 99 percent of close contacts of positive cases are contacted within 48 hours.
However, some Victorians believe this is not the case.
Brighton MP James Newbury told Daily Mail Australia that his constituents "regularly wait days for test results and are often given incorrect advice".
In another exceptional mistake, he said a business owner had received written confirmation that his COVID-positive employee could go back to work even though he was only in the middle of his two-week isolation period.
Prime Minister Daniel Andrews has stopped criticizing the state's "extremely slow" contract prosecution regime
On Thursday, Andrews said that 99 percent of close contacts of positive cases are contacted within 48 hours. Pictured: Overseas travelers arrive in Melbourne
"After the quarantine door was left open, Daniel Andrews oversaw a half-baked contract tracking system that did little more than watch the second wave grow," Newbury said.
"Perhaps the Victorian quarantine investigation should consider adding contract tracking to their review."
Radio 3AW Mornings host Neil Mitchell also received messages from listeners that the contract tracking system was not working effectively.
“The messages I get tell me it's fantasy,” he said.
& # 39; I know the system is overloaded. I know they try very hard, but there is no point in pretending that it will work when it doesn't.
"If it doesn't work well enough and it doesn't, admit it and fix it!"
Mitchell spoke to a mother named Saarti, who said she had received conflicting text messages from health officials indicating that her son had been exposed to a positive case at school.
The first message named the wrong school, the second told her to ignore the first message, and the third said her son should isolate for 14 days from July 29th.
But when she received this message, the 14 days had already passed.
(tagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) Nachrichten (t) Coronavirus