Europe's largest trailer park in Wales has ordered all 4,000 local people to pack and leave immediately as a local lockdown is enforced.
Dazed vacationers hastily left the Trecco Pay Holiday Park in Porthcawl last night after its owners announced that it would go into hibernation from 6 p.m.
Parkdean Resorts, the company that operates the site, said everyone has been told to leave the park "as soon as possible".
Vacationers were seen hastily leaving the Trecco Pay Holiday Park in Porthcawl last night after its owners announced that it would go into hibernation from 6 p.m.
Parkdean Resorts, the company that operates the site, said everyone had been asked to leave the park "as soon as possible".
A ban went into effect in Bridgend yesterday at 6 p.m. after having been in place in Merthyr Tydfil, Blaenau Gwent and Newport.
Under the new rules, people are not allowed to leave or return to any area unless they have an exceptional reason.
Gatherings of more than one household – with the exception of "support bladders" – are also prohibited.
Vacationers currently on the site will receive a full refund, 120% credit on their vacation price, or the option to rebook a break at another park.
Guests planning to travel to the park within the next two weeks have also been contacted and will receive a refund.
Steve Richards, CEO of Parkdean Resorts, which owns Trecco Bay, said: & # 39; This closure will affect many Porthcawl businesses and jobs that rely on the regular influx of tourists to the area and, of course, many hard-working Welsh people Over 90% of our guests will no longer be able to enjoy a well-deserved break. & # 39;
Sean Gattrell, 25, of Newport, is part of a family asked to leave Trecco Bay.
He arrived on Friday with his partner Chloe Brant, 21, and baby Layla Gattrell, 14 months, along with other family members.
A ban went into effect in Bridgend yesterday at 6 p.m. after having been in place in Merthyr Tydfil, Blaenau Gwent and Newport
Mr Gattrell said his family was supposed to be staying until next Friday but was suddenly asked to leave this afternoon.
He said, “We heard that one of the Parkdean members said they would be leaving at 6pm. Customers were told they had to leave by 6 p.m.
“They were just basically saying that with the restrictions that came in they had to close – the whole park had to close.
"We had three and a half to four hours to wrap everything up and prepare the baby to leave the construction site."
Mr Gattrell said the family had been told that the booking would be fully refunded but he was now facing another heartbreak as he lived in a different area from his partner.
They also travel home by bus and train for a long journey.
"My partner and baby are from Cardiff," he added. “It's hard to bring it all together because we had to bring it especially for the baby.
“It's mixed feelings – it's sad because I live in Newport. I am separated from my partner and my baby.
“I'm banned and you aren't. Layla enjoyed the vacation, but now she's just so confused. & # 39;
Vacationers currently on the site will receive a full refund, 120% credit on their vacation price, or the option to rebook a break at another park
Brian Jones, Porthcawl East Central Parish Independent Councilor, said he would like to thank Parkdean Resorts for closing the site.
"I am grateful that Parkdean's management took into account the guidelines of the Welsh Government and decided to close Trecco," he said.
"This could have had a dramatic effect on advancement in this area."
According to Parkdean Resorts, Trecco Bay is Europe's largest holiday park.
Since the park reopened on July 13, more than 50,000 people have visited the site, according to the company.
It is not yet known how many vacationers are currently on the premises, but Parkdean Resorts said all guests have now been asked to "leave as soon as possible".