ENTERTAINMENT

Tom Cruise holds crisis talks on set with the director of Mission Impossible 7 following the COVID outbreak


Tom Cruise was extensively portrayed speaking to his Mission Impossible 7 director on Wednesday, days after 12 people on the set reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.

The 58-year-old Hollywood superstar wore a mask when speaking with Christopher McQuarrie and other crew members before taking photos on the terrace of his Venice hotel.

Late last week it was alleged that the film could face further delays amid fears of a COVID-19 outbreak on the Venice set. Reports on Monday had 12 people tested positive on the set.

Health chiefs are supposed to track down the contacts of those who tested positive after filming was interrupted and hope that it is an isolated case.

It's another blow to the action film franchise after filming was suspended earlier this year during Europe's first wave of coronavirus when cases soared in Italy.

Crisis talks? Tom Cruise was pictured speaking to his director on Mission Impossible 7 on Wednesday after 12 people on the set of the film reportedly tested positive for COVID

The actor and director, who had worked together on previous Mission Impossible films and Jack Reacher in recent years, were in intense conversation a few days after the situation became known at their luxury base in the city.

Tom wore a black sweater and a face mask and looked desperate as he looked at the view.

According to a report in The Sun on Friday, 150 extras for Mission Impossible 7 were told not to come in to film scenes that were scheduled for Thursday night.

Although no official reason was given for the sudden decision, it was alleged that a coronavirus test was positive from production and that filming had to be temporarily suspended.

A source speaking to the publication claimed, "There are about 150 extras on the set and by late Thursday they were all told not to show up for work and would be notified when they were back on set .

Shooting break: The Hollywood superstar wore a mask when speaking to Christopher McQuarrie. Filming has reportedly stopped again

Shooting break: The Hollywood superstar wore a mask when speaking to Christopher McQuarrie. Filming has reportedly stopped again

What now? Tom and Christopher, who have worked with Tom on previous Mission Impossible films and Jack Reacher for the past several years, were engaged in an intense conversation while a photographer was taking pictures at their luxury base in town

What now? Tom and Christopher, who have worked with Tom on previous Mission Impossible films and Jack Reacher for the past few years, were engaged in an intense conversation while a photographer was taking pictures at their luxury base in town

Outbreak: 150 extras were told not to come in to film scenes that were scheduled for Thursday night, according to a report on Friday

Breakout: 150 extras were told not to come in to film scenes that were scheduled for Thursday night, according to a report on Friday

"No official reason has been given, but it is feared that it is due to COVID and this will be the second time production has been hit because of the virus."

The crew also urged the public to stay socially distant while waiting to see the stars, while Tom and director Christopher are said to have made the request as well.

On Monday, The Sun reported that health chiefs are tracking contacts of at least 12 people to test the set's positive shape after filming was paused, and hopes it is an isolated incident.

MailOnline has asked representatives from Paramount Pictures and Tom Cruise for a comment.

Star: Although no official reason was given for the sudden decision not to include the extras, it was claimed that a production coronavirus test was positive

Star: Although no official reason was given for the sudden decision not to include the extras, it was claimed that a production coronavirus test was positive

Frustrating: Filming was already delayed for months after Covid-19 spread across Italy, where production was located in March, resulting in the release being postponed to November 2021

Frustrating: Filming was already delayed for months after Covid-19 spread across Italy, where production was located in March, resulting in the release being postponed to November 2021

Filming was suspended in Venice last week after the first case occurred. However, according to Monday's report, producers were hoping it would be an isolated incident and filming could start again over the weekend.

It is believed that filming has not resumed yet as health chiefs went out of their way to track and trace the contacts of the multiple people to test positive.

A health official said, "It is important that we keep track of all contacts with these people to keep the infection under control."

The sun reported sentences were dismantled at the city's Palazzo Ducale earlier this week, while there has been no filming in recent days.

Concern: A source said of the incident: "No official reason has been given, but feared it might be due to COVID" (Tom and co-star Hayley Atwell pictured themselves filming in Rome earlier this month).

Concern: A source said of the incident: "No official reason has been given, but feared it might be due to COVID" (Tom and co-star Hayley Atwell pictured themselves filming in Rome earlier this month).

Multiple Cases: On Monday, The Sun reported that health chiefs are tracking contacts of at least 12 people to test the set's positive form after filming was suspended

Multiple Cases: On Monday, The Sun reported that health chiefs are tracking contacts of at least 12 people to test the set's positive form after filming was suspended

Suspended: Filming was suspended in Venice last week after the first case occurred. However, according to Monday's report, producers were hoping it would be an isolated incident

Suspended: Filming was suspended in Venice last week after the first case occurred. However, according to Monday's report, producers were hoping it would be an isolated incident

Filming for the upcoming action film in Italy was halted earlier this year after coronavirus cases rose sharply.

The crew and actors have since traveled to Norway to film before returning to the Italian capital to continue with the scenes as soon as it was safe to do so.

It was reported this summer that Hollywood legend Tom rented a ship for £ 500,000 for film crew in Norway to avoid coronavirus-related delays.

Filming had already been delayed by months after COVID-19 spread across Italy, where production was in March, the release date has been postponed to November 2021.

Still in work mode: Tom as shown with a camera in hand on the terrace on Wednesday evening

Still in work mode: Tom as shown with a camera in hand on the terrace on Wednesday evening

Disaster: Filming is believed to have not resumed this week as health chiefs scramble to track multiple people's contacts to conduct positive tests

Disaster: Filming is believed to have not resumed this week as health chiefs scramble to track multiple people's contacts to conduct positive tests

Another bad news: earlier this year, shooting for the upcoming action film in Italy was halted after coronavirus cases rose sharply

Another bad news: earlier this year, filming of the upcoming action film in Italy was halted after coronavirus cases rose sharply

In Italy: The crew and actors have since traveled to Norway to film before returning to the Italian capital to continue with the scenes as soon as it was safe

In Italy: The crew and actors have since traveled to Norway to film before returning to the Italian capital to continue with the scenes as soon as it was safe

Still here: Tom and the rest of the cast and crew stayed on set in Venice this week despite reports of an outbreak on the set

Still here: Tom and the rest of the cast and crew stayed on set in Venice this week despite reports of an outbreak on the set

& # 39; They are afraid of further delays. Tom is determined not to see any more raids. The studio believes it will get everyone to safety and bring this shoot to a close, ”a source told The Sun earlier this summer.

It was recently claimed that Tom was "exempt from Norway's quarantine rules" when he resumed filming in the Scandinavian country.

The media personality revealed how "excited" he was to start recording the latest edition of the franchise in a phone call with Norwegian Minister of Culture, Abid Raja.

Simon plays as IMF technician Benji Dunn on the Mission Impossible franchise and is repeating his role for the fifth time in the highly anticipated upcoming film.

Mission Impossible 7 will be released on November 19, 2021.

Delays: The film is slated to be released on November 19, 2021

Delays: The film is slated to be released on November 19, 2021

(tagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) tvshowbiz (t) Coronavirus