As the supermarket shelves fill with festive pastries, FEMAIL reveals the ground beef patties that contain almost ALL your daily sugar intake
- Consumer experts Money.co.uk examined minced meat pies from UK supermarkets
- Iceland's supply topped the list with 82 percent daily sugar and 250 calories
- Waitrose had the least sugary ground beef cake on the market with 16g sugar per pastry
With the advent of Advent at the end of a tough year, many people will soon be adding a daily minced meat cake to their diet as a winter treat.
Hundreds of varieties of festive pastries have been piled on supermarket shelves, including traditional flavors and apple-based alternatives.
But indulging in festive indulgence can wreak havoc on any healthy diet. Some ground beef pies contain more than 250 calories, just like a small meal, with up to 24g of sugar, almost the maximum recommended amount for adults a day.
A study by consumer experts Money.co.uk has found that the British are indulging in minced meat patties worth 3405 calories in December. Mock around 15 mince pies in the Christmas month.
Here FEMAIL shows which of the goodies contain the most sugar and the most calories when you want to treat yourself to something.
Iceland's luxury mince pies had the most sugar at almost 25g, while Tesco had the most calories at 251 per pastry
HIGH STREET MINCE PIES: THE MINIMUM SUMMARY
Iceland Luxury All Butter Mince Pies contained the highest amount of sugar (24.6 g), according to the Money.co.uk study.
That's a whopping 82 percent of the government who recommended a 30g daily sugar intake.
Just behind are the Extra Special Luxury Mince Pies from ASDA, followed by Tesco Finest Mince Pies.
More than half of the supermarket brand pies contain five teaspoons of sugar in their ingredients, which is 71 percent of the recommended daily allowance.
While their luxury mince pies came out on top, Iceland's regular mince pies were one of the least sugary at 17.4g of sugar per cake, equivalent to three and a half cubes of sugar.
Meanwhile, Waitrose Shortcrust was the least sugary offering that still had 16g of sugar, meaning eating two would push you past your daily recommended limit.
1. Island Luxus 6 All Butter Mince Pies 24.6 g sugar
2. ASDA Extra Special Luxury Mince Pies 24 g sugar
3. Tesco Finest Mince Pies 23.7 g sugar
4. Tesco Mince Pies 23.7 g sugar
5. Lidl Deluxe All Butter Classic Mince Pies 23.3 g sugar
5. Sainsbury & # 39; s All Butter Mince Pies, try the difference 21.5g sugar
6. M&S Collection 6 mince pies 19.8 g sugar
7. Waitrose No.1 All Butter Mince Pies 19.7 g sugar
8. Morrisons The Best Deep Filled Mince Pies 19.5g sugar
9. Aldi Holly Lane 6 deeply filled mince pies 19 g sugar
10. Aldi specially selected Classic Mince Pies 19 g sugar
11. Marks and Spencers Classic 19 g sugar
12. ASDA mince pies 19 g sugar
13. Morrisons Mince Pies 18.5g sugar
14. Lidl Favorina 12 mince pies 17.9 g sugar
15. Island 6 mince pies 17.4 g sugar
16. Sainsbury & # 39; s Deep Filled Mince Pies 17.2 g sugar
17. Waitrose Christmas 6 Shortcrust Mince Pies 16 g sugar
(tagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) Femail (t) Essen (t) Christmas