The 63-year-old grandmother dies "two hours after her husband bought her as a gift" when a therapist "was arrested on suspicion of homicide".
- Rita Sauguniene, 63, received the vitamin course from her husband Algirdu
- She passed out and then died in her home in Forest Gate
- The therapist who reportedly administered the treatment was arrested
A grandmother passed out and died after an intravenous vitamin infusion.
Rita Sauguniene, 63, received the vitamin course from her husband Algirdu, who said the course cost him £ 400 before his wife died last month at her home in Forest Gate, East London.
Therapist Daiva Skackovine, who is believed to have administered the infusion, was arrested on suspicion of homicide the day after Ms. Sauguniene died, the Sun reported.
The 63-year-old grandmother passed out two hours after an intravenous vitamin infusion and died at her home in Forest Gate, East London
Her husband, Algirdu, said he bought the course for her as a gift for £ 400
Skackovine, 54, said she had nursing experience but was not qualified in the UK, the newspaper said.
Although the treatment of celebrities who use it to pump their veins with vitamins and minerals has been popularized, the British Nutrition Foundation has issued warnings about it.
You said that infusions are not regulated and can be harmful.
Ms. Sauguniene comes from Lithuania, where the cocktail was probably made
On June 27, Ms. Sauguniene from Lithuania felt uncomfortable after her treatment and passed out before being declared dead at her home.
The police said this was the first of its kind and considered it "unsettled" after an autopsy proved inconclusive.
Skackovine has been released on bail and it is believed that the substance she uses, which is believed to have been manufactured in Lithuania, has been confiscated.