The 36-year-old man is arrested for murdering a suspect in the terrible execution of the Irish gangland and dismembering 17-year-old Keane Mulready-Woods
- Police arrested a man on suspicion of murdering Robbie Lawlor, 36
- Lawlor is said to have been hiding since the murder of the teenager Keane Mulready-Woods
- The 17-year-old Drogheda boy was killed and found in pieces in January
A man was arrested for murdering a suspect in the terrible execution and dismemberment of Keane Mulready-Woods in the Irish gangland.
The victim was referred to locally and on social media as Robbie Lawlor  and shot on Saturday morning at 11:50 a.m. in the front yard of a house in the Etna Drive area in Ardoyne.
The suspect, a 36-year-old man, was arrested on Tuesday evening on suspicion of murder.
It is believed that the victim shot in broad daylight was a suspect in the murder of a 17-year-old boy who was brutally killed and dismembered earlier this year.
Robbie Lawlor was shot dead on Saturday morning. A 36-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder
Lawlor is said to have been a high-profile figure in a feudal criminal gang and is said to have been hiding since the kidnapping and murder of Drogheda teenager Keane Mulready-Woods, whose dismembered remains were found in Dublin in January.
Three other men and a teenager arrested on suspicion of murder have since been released.
Dept Supt Jason Murphy said he was "amazed at the ruthlessness of the killer or the killer".
He said: “Those involved in this murder have not selfishly considered the impact on frontline emergency services, who are already working hard to ensure the safety of people with an already overused resource.
"Not only did they commit this stubborn murder and leave a family in their worst nightmare, they didn't care that children and other members of this community in North Belfast were at risk."
Police at the crime scene on Etna Drive in the Ardoyne area of Belfast on Saturday
The street was cordoned off when the police investigated the daytime shooting where a man was killed
Police are trying to determine whether a light-colored car with the license plate number YLZ 7052 that was found burned out in nearby Kingston Court has been linked to the shootout.
He also asked for information about a dark car that appeared on Ardoyne Avenue a few minutes after the other car was lit.
Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis said the murder was "a heinous and brutal crime for which there is no excuse," reports the Irish Mirror.
Mr. Lewis added: “This cowardly act is particularly thoughtless at a time when our front line emergency services are already working incredibly hard to protect us all as we look at the effects of the Covid 19 pandemic.
The police asked for information about a burned-out car that was found near the shootout
"I encourage anyone who has information about this despicable crime to report and speak to the PSNI."
Sinn Fein MLA Gerry Kelly said: “Actions like this have no place in our society and I repeat my condemnation of those involved.
Meanwhile, Northern Ireland's Justice Minister Naomi Long said: “I condemn this senseless murder unconditionally and express my deepest condolences to the family.
“Those responsible for this horrific crime have shocked a grieving family and community. There is no place for the weapon in our society and it is time to stop these attacks. & # 39;
Keane Mulready-Woods was kidnapped from the streets of Drogheda on January 12 and taken to a pebble house, where he was tortured and murdered.
His remains were found the next day after his family reported him missing.
The 17-year-old teenage girl Keane Mulready-Woods was murdered and found in pieces in January