TOP TRENDING

The 23-year-old mother feared she would die after eating McDonald & # 39; s chicken nuggets with something in it.


One mother "feared she would die" while hospitalized with severe food poisoning after eating a McDonald's chicken nugget "with something in it".

Lily Denton, 23, bought the fast food from a delivery service at the Kirkstall store in Leeds on September 13 and shared the meal with her family.

While eating one of the nuggets, she spotted a brown and red shape inside the chicken and suspected that “something was wrong with the food” – so she took a picture of her discovery.

Ms. Denton claims she soon began to experience severe stomach cramps and vomiting, while her three-year-old daughter Autumn Metcalf also complained of abdominal pain.

Ms. Denton developed diarrhea and back pain, but hoped it was just routine food poisoning.

When her condition worsened, a friend took her to the hospital.

Ms. Denton ate a McDonald & # 39; s chicken nugget

Mother Lily Denton, 23, (left) "feared she was going to die" while hospitalized with severe food poisoning after eating a McDonald's chicken nugget "with something in it" (right)

Ms. Denton, 23 (pictured), bought the fast food from a delivery service at the Kirkstall Leeds office on September 13 and shared the meal with her family

Ms. Denton with her daughter Autumn Metcalf

Ms. Denton, 23 (pictured), bought the fast food from a delivery service at the Kirkstall store in Leeds on September 13 and shared the meal with her family. Right: Ms. Denton with her daughter Autumn Metcalf

She claims she was tied to drops of salt, was given antibiotics and morphine to treat her severe pain when medical professionals were desperate to find the cause of her illness.

After her release, she received a letter from her council's Food and Health team to confirm that she had Campylobacter in her stool – the bacteria responsible for food poisoning.

Angry Ms. Denton has now vowed never to eat McDonald's again.

McDonald & # 39; s apologized for their experience and said after reviewing the photos of the nugget that they believe the shape Ms. Denton found is a blood vessel that occurs naturally in chicken breasts.

Ms. Denton of Leeds, West Yorkshire said: “It was awful. I felt like I was going to die.

“I still take medication every day because it affects me long term now.

“I'm usually physically strong within myself and now I feel like I can't walk, I can't breathe. I can't go up the stairs.

“It's a rare case that has led to this. Usually it's just bog standard food poisoning and that's it.

“But it's been a month now, I have breathing problems, and I can't go all day without medication to relieve the pain.

Ms. Denton (pictured) claims she soon began to experience severe stomach cramps and vomiting, while her three-year-old daughter Autumn also complained of abdominal pain. When her condition worsened, a friend took her to the hospital

Ms. Denton (pictured) claims she soon began to experience severe stomach cramps and vomiting, while her three-year-old daughter Autumn also complained of abdominal pain. When her condition worsened, a friend took her to the hospital

“I feel fragile now, as if every gust of wind knocks me over. I am trying to get some answers as to why this happened.

“I don't want to eat anything. I am scared.

»I don't eat McDonald's anymore. There's no way I'm going anywhere near this stuff. & # 39;

Ms. Denton ordered a 20 Chicken McNuggets Sharebox on September 13, which she shared with her family along with other items when she discovered something in one of the nuggets.

After eating the rest of her meal, she soon felt sick and had stomach cramps.

Ms. Denton said, “(My family) was up a little late that night and we had dinner together.

“I found a nugget with something in it, so I guess it probably was. I knew something was wrong with the food.

While eating one of the nuggets, she discovered a brown and red shape inside the chicken (picture) and assumed that “something was wrong with the food” - so she took a picture of her discovery

She later received a letter from her council's Food and Health Team (pictured) to confirm that she had Campylobacter in her stool - the bacteria responsible for food poisoning

While eating one of the nuggets, she discovered a brown and red shape inside the chicken (left) and suspected that “something was wrong with the food” – so she took a picture of her discovery. She later received a letter from her council's Food and Health Team (right) to confirm that she had Campylobacter in her stool – the bacteria responsible for food poisoning

“I knew from the start when I ate it that I wasn't 100 percent.

& # 39; After that it was just terrible. They got a little bad, but what happened to me was weeks later. It still works now.

The day after I started having cramps. I have really bad stomach cramps.

“It affected all kinds of species – it was terrible. My daughter told me that her stomach hurt, but I didn't think it was more than a stomach bug.

& # 39; Autumn and my partner did it, but I kept getting worse.

“I got very strict on my birthday. I had two drinks of alcohol and because I had infected kidneys, they turned me off.

"(The bacteria) have had time to evolve and work their way through my body."

Mrs. Denton had fought for over a fortnight when she was worried about who would look after her little girl.

But when the pain became unbearable, she called a friend to take her to Leeds General Infirmary on October 5th.

Shortly thereafter, she was taken in an ambulance to St. James' University Hospital, where she was given morphine and a drop of salt. She was also given antibiotics.

Ms. Denton said, “I only ate one meal that day and it was McDonald's. (The sickness) started from that day.

“I ate the food, then it was severe cramps. I thought it was mini-contractions so I could explain it.

The pain started half an hour later and my daughter said her stomach hurt. I didn't think anything of it and thought it was a bit of naff food.

“I had vomiting and diarrhea for two weeks (after) everything I put into myself.

Fortunately, my friend's girlfriend came with her little girl. She picked me up and my daughter then had to carry me to the hospital, to the emergency room.

I told the hospital, "I feel like I'm getting something really difficult." I didn't know if it was because I was on my period and being dramatic – but it wasn't me. & # 39;

After Ms. Denton was taken to St. James' University Hospital, she was plugged into a drop, given morphine for the pain, and prescribed antibiotics.

She stayed in the hospital for two days while doctors ruled out other diseases such as appendicitis and kidney stones.

When she got stronger, she was released on Friday and a stool sample has since confirmed she had food poisoning.

Back in her comfortable home, Ms. Denton is still taking antibiotics (pictured) and being treated by her local doctor

Back in her comfortable home, Ms. Denton is still taking antibiotics (pictured) and being treated by her local doctor

Ms. Denton added, “I cried my eyes and didn't understand what was going on. I've never had anything this serious. & # 39;

Back in her comfortable home, Ms. Denton is still taking antibiotics and being treated by her local doctor.

After her illness, she started looking into life insurance after fearing she might have died, leaving little autumn behind.

She has lost a stone in the history of feeling uncomfortable and admits that she "feels like she is barely alive".

Ms. Denton said, “Now I still have all of the medicine. It is painful. I was released six days ago (Friday).

But when the pain became unbearable, she called a friend to take her to Leeds General Infirmary on October 5th. Image: Once of Ms. Denton's meals in the hospital

But when the pain became unbearable, she called a friend to take her to Leeds General Infirmary on October 5th. Image: Once of Ms. Denton's meals in the hospital

“I thought I needed life insurance now? Do I have to sort this out for my daughter? Who will take care of them?

“I usually take a nap (in the afternoon). I'm so tired. I can't even take care of my daughter right now.

“There is a chance that I will need more medication because I don't know what is happening to me.

“I'm in the middle of a move that I can't do.

& # 39; It hit me on my a **. I've never been so weak and I feel like I'm barely alive.

“I'm afraid I won't even be there to take care of my family. It's so easy to flip that switch and you're gone. & # 39;

The Kirkstall McDonald & # 39; s Leeds branch where Ms. Denton ordered her food - to be delivered

The Kirkstall McDonald & # 39; s Leeds branch where Ms. Denton ordered her food – to be delivered

A McDonald & # 39; s spokesperson said: "Food safety and quality are of the utmost importance to us.

& # 39; Quality control is very important to us and we adhere to strict standards to avoid defects. We are sorry to take this opportunity to hear about this customer's experience.

& # 39; As soon as this was brought to our attention this week, we opened a restaurant-level investigation and also engaged our customer service team, who confirmed that we had not received any reports from other customers who had similar experiences.

"We would like to encourage the customer to contact our customer service team who can provide further assistance."

(tagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) messages