ENTERTAINMENT

Strictly speaking, Anton du Beke thanks the bosses for becoming a judge on the show


"My ego was around my ankles after getting booted for the first time this year": Strictly's Anton du Beke thanks the bosses for becoming a judge on the show

  • Anton du Beke left the Strictly competition first with dance partner Jacqui Smith
  • His wife Hannah cried when he was asked to be a judge on the show
  • Replaces Motsi Mabuse, who is under quarantine after an urgent flight to Germany

Anton du Beke thanked Strictly bosses for fulfilling his showbiz wish to become judges on the hit show.

For the first time, the star spoke of his new temporary role and said, “Thank god they gave me this job. My ego was around my ankles after getting booted for the first time this year. "

The ballroom dancer revealed how his wife Hannah burst into tears when he hung up for the show's bosses earlier this month after being told he would join the panel after 16 years on the show. He replaces Motsi Mabuse, who has been in quarantine for two weeks after flying to Germany because of a family problem.

"It came out of the blue," said Anton. "We heard Motsi had to go back to Germany and I didn't know what they were going to do. Then last Thursday I got a call when they asked me to do it. I was so happy.

Anton du Beke thanked Strictly bosses for fulfilling his showbiz wish to become judges on the hit show

Commenting on his new temporary role, the star said, “Thank god they gave me this job. My ego was around my ankles after getting booted for the first time this year. "

Commenting on his new temporary role, the star said, “Thank god they gave me this job. My ego was around my ankles after getting booted for the first time this year. "

“I love the show. I love everything about it so it was amazing to finally get a chance to judge. My wife cried when I told her, but I also thought it would give me something for the rest of the show.

"If you get voted out at the beginning, you have nothing to do." It's easy not to feel part of the show because you are sitting in the audience and watching everyone else dance. Thank god they gave me the job as a judge. "

Anton's three-year-old twins George and Henrietta were also enthusiastic. "My kids say Daddy is dancing or talking on TV, so they saw me talking and this one last weekend," Du Beke said.

Anton celebrated his new role by asking his tailor to make him a midnight blue velvet jacket that he wore for the first time last night.

Anton was the first to leave the competition this year with his strict dance partner Jacqui Smith

Anton was the first to leave the competition this year with his strict dance partner Jacqui Smith

"It was a pleasure," he revealed. "I hope it's okay on TV … that it doesn't look too black."

His role on the panel alongside Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel Horwood means he needs to highlight his professional dancers and their partners. Does he have favorites? "No, I don't. And I don't have to judge the professionals, it's the celebrities. And now I can't say which of them I think will win."

Last weekend he delighted the participants with his positive comments and made them fear that he might be too friendly. "I want people to feel good," he said.

The three-year-old twins George and Henrietta von Anton are said to have been happy about his new role on the jury

The three-year-old twins George and Henrietta von Anton are said to have been happy about his new role on the jury

Anton, who has been one of only three stars of Strictly since the beginning of 2004, is, along with presenter Tess Daly and Revel Horwood, the professional who often works with the less capable celebrities.

That year he was released after two weeks with former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith. He was previously a partner of Ann Widdecombe.

When asked about his experience dancing with the former Tory Cabinet Secretary in 2010, when the public voted to stay despite criticism of Widdecombe's performances, Anton replied, “Well, we're still friends. She texts me every year and says: "I am voting for you, Anton."

& # 39; She wrote this series for me too. I want to give every woman I have danced a different experience that they will remember for the rest of their lives. "

Dancing off the pounds? I wish laughs Caroline

Female celebrities brought girl power to the Strictly dance floor last night, and EastEnders actress Maisie Smith brightened things up in this brightly colored, skimpy act.

She and her dance partner Gorka Marquez did Meghan Trainor's Salsa to Better When I'm Dancin when the competition heated up halfway.

Good morning Ranvir Singh, 43, from the UK, who impressed the judges despite having no dance experience – not to mention having a full-time job on the ITV breakfast program in addition to her Strictly training – gave Argentine tango one sultry performance When Prince's pigeons cry with Giovanni Pernice.

EastEnders actress Maisie Smith makes things shine in this colorful, succinct number

60 year old Caroline Quentin from Men Behaving Badly impressed with her Cha Cha Cha to save me from Fontella Bass alongside Johannes Radebe

EastEnders actress Maisie Smith brightened things up in this colorful, skimpy act (left), and Caroline Quentin, 60 of Men Behaving Badly, impressed with her Cha Cha Cha to save me from Fontella Bass alongside Johannes Radebe

And finally, 60-year-old Caroline Quentin from Men Behaving Badly impressed with her Cha Cha Cha To Save Me by Fontella Bass alongside Johannes Radebe.

Speaking of her experience at Strictly, the actress confided to The Mail on Sunday that unlike many previous contestants who boasted of her weight loss due to the demands of the dance show, she had barely lost an inch.

She said, "All of these people say they lost so much weight, but I lost about a pound and a half."

Ms. Quentin also said that her training as a ballerina at Strictly wasn't helpful at all – in fact, it was an obstacle.

"Everything I was taught back then, I had to do the opposite at Strictly," she added.

advertising

(tagsToTranslate) dailymail (t) tvshowbiz (t) Germany