TOP TRENDING

Strictly Come Dancing: Prince Harry surprises the audience by wishing JJ Chalmers the best of luck


Prince Harry surprised viewers of Strictly Come Dancing when he appeared on the show on Saturday night to wish his friend JJ Chalmers the best of luck via video.

The 36-year-old Duke of Sussex made his first television appearance in the UK since he and his wife Meghan Markle resigned as senior members of the royal family earlier this year.

The audience was also thrilled when Anton du Beke made his jury debut when he stood up for Motsi Mabuse, who isolated himself at home after an “urgent trip” to Germany.

Cameo: Prince Harry surprised viewers of Strictly Come Dancing when he appeared on the show on Saturday night to wish his friend JJ Chalmers the best of luck via video

Prince Harry greeted JJ and Amy on a video and said, & # 39; Nice tan JJ! When I first met JJ he was a shell of himself, but then it was the beginning of an amazing journey to see you through Invictus and seem to be yourself again. & # 39;

JJ, who did a jive for Bette Midler's Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, told viewers, "The simple fact is, if Prince Harry hadn't created the Invictus games, I wouldn't have had this moment to change my life forever . "

Harry then added, “You definitely have an impact on society now, especially when you are wearing those tight blue shorts and your socks are up.

“It couldn't be better! I am really proud. You're not a dancer and you're proving that you can actually do anything you set out to do, which is amazing. & # 39;

Overjoyed: Anton du Beke looked overjoyed when he made his jury debut during the show on Saturday

Overjoyed: Anton du Beke looked overjoyed when he made his jury debut during the show on Saturday

Surprise: The 36-year-old Royal made his first public appearance in the UK since he and his wife Meghan Markle resigned as senior members of the royal family earlier this year

Surprise: The 36-year-old Royal made his first public performance in the UK since he and wife Meghan Markle stepped down as senior members of the royal family earlier this year

JJ told viewers, "The simple fact is, if Prince Harry hadn't created the Invictus games, I wouldn't have had this moment to change my life forever."

JJ told viewers, "The simple fact is, if Prince Harry hadn't created the Invictus games, I wouldn't have had this moment to change my life forever."

Prince Harry and JJ met after serving in the Royal Navy in Afghanistan, where he was injured in a 2011 bomb explosion. The two bonded through their shared experiences with the armed forces.

JJ said he should be "in a box in the ground" after he nearly died when an IED exploded near him, resulting in a bruised eye socket, ruptured eardrum and the loss of two fingers.

The television presenter joined the Royal Marines Reserve in 2005 before giving up classes and moving to regular service in 2010.

JJ became so close friends with Harry that he and his wife Kornelia were invited to all three parts of his wedding to Meghan in May 2018.

Viewers used social media in droves to respond to Prince Harry's appearance on the show, with a text saying, “I just cried Prince Harry on Strictly. I love him so much & # 39 ;.

Friendship: Prince Harry and JJ met after being injured by the Royal Navy following an explosion while serving in Afghanistan

Friendship: Prince Harry and JJ met after being injured by the Royal Navy following an explosion while serving in Afghanistan

Harry said, "When I first met JJ he was a shell of himself, but then it was the beginning of an amazing journey, seeing you seem through Invictus and be yourself again."

Harry said, "When I first met JJ he was a shell of himself, but then it was the start of an amazing journey, seeing you seem through Invictus and be yourself again."

Harry then added, "You definitely have an impact on society now, especially when you are wearing those tight blue shorts and your socks are up."

Harry then added, "You definitely have an impact on society now, especially when you're wearing those tight blue shorts and pulling up your socks."

Another viewer said, "Nice touch for Prince Harry to call @JJChalmersRM on @bbcstrictly" while another wrote, "Oh, Prince Harry was very cute on Strictly – such a real guy."

Another fan added: 'That was so nice of Prince Harry. @JJChalmers you did it brilliantly! Jive such a hard dance. & # 39;

Harry helped JJ during his recovery, and the Paralympic athlete later competed in the Invictus Games, where he took home a gold medal in cycling.

Meanwhile, Anton looked overjoyed when he made his jury debut during the show on Saturday.

The 54-year-old dancer replaced the regular judge Motsi Mabuse on the jury after she was forced to self-isolate at home for two weeks after an “urgent trip” to Germany.

Anton was introduced by hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, who said the jury was "different" when he joined Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel Horwood.

Response: Viewers used social media in droves to respond to Prince Harry's appearance on the show. One text read: “I just cried Prince Harry at Strictly. I love him so much & # 39;

Response: Viewers used social media in droves to respond to Prince Harry's appearance on the show. One text read: “I just cried Prince Harry at Strictly. I love him so much & # 39;

Tess told the audience: "As you can see, tonight we're missing Motis, who unfortunately won't be here for the next two shows."

Claudia added jokingly: "So Anton intervened after a lot of conviction, we love you, Anton!"

Anton grinned from ear to ear and said, “I will try to be a lot more generous than these two have done me in recent years. We should have a good night. & # 39;

Meanwhile, Tess and Claudia told viewers that Katya Jones and Nicola Adams would not be returning to the competition after Katya tested positive for COVID-19.

Show: Anton was introduced by hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, who said the jury was "different" when he joined Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel Horwood

Show: Anton was introduced by hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, who said the jury was "different" when he joined Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel Horwood

Entry: The dancer replaced the regular judge Motsi Mabuse on the jury after she was forced to self-isolate at home for two weeks after an "urgent trip" to Germany

Entry: The dancer replaced the regular judge Motsi Mabuse in the jury after she was forced to self-isolate at home for two weeks after an "urgent trip" to Germany

Claudia said: "Unfortunately, Nicola and Katya had to withdraw from the competition after Katya tested positive for Covid 19. Both feel good and isolate themselves."

Tess said the dancer and ex-boxer watched, adding, “We know you are watching and we are so sad that your time is up. We send all of our love here to you. & # 39;

Claudia then added nervously, "Tess, with a certain amount of fear I am asking you for more updates?" to which she replied: "Cross your fingers, hopefully not".

Viewers quickly used social media to respond to Anton making his judge debut. One said: "Actually, Anton will make a good judge who will be voted out at the beginning of the competition. In fact, he has his advantages this year."

Another fan said, "My heart is so full of joy that Anton is back as a judge for the next two weeks," while one fan said, "Anton will milk this for whatever it's worth and I can't wait!" & # 39;

Enthusiastic: Viewers quickly used social media to respond to Anton making his judging debut

Enthusiastic: Viewers quickly used social media to respond to Anton making his judging debut

The BBC's Strictly account shared a clip in which Anton made his big appearance and wrote: "18 series, more than 120 # strict routines, now a judge role … Anton du Beke, this is your moment."

Meanwhile, Katya went to Instagram before the show and shared how sad she was that she and Nicola were no longer attending.

She wrote, "We're going to miss being in the studio today! @Nicolaadams and I would have performed American Smooth to Stand by me. Good luck to all couples and Anton tonight !! I'll be careful."

The Saturday show was opened by HRVY and Janette Manrara, who danced the salsa to dynamite from BTS and received the first 10 of the series from Shirley.

She told them, “It was powerful, it was musical. I'm speechless, I couldn't do it justice enough before they got an overall score of 27 out of 30.

Dance Floor: The Saturday show was opened by HRVY and Janette Manrara

Dance floor: Ranvir Singh and Giovanni Pernice followed (right)

Dance floor: The Saturday show was opened by HRVY and Janette Manrara (left), followed by Ranvir Singh and Giovanni Pernice (right).

Next came Ranvir Singh and Giovanni Pernice, who performed a cha-cha-cha for Oye Como Va by Santana and I Like It Like That by Pete Rodriguez.

Good Morning UK host was told by Craig that her musicality was "second to none" and she was also surprised by a video message from GMB co-host Susanna Reid saying she was "so proud" of her. The couple received a score of 20.

Max George and Dianne Buswell were next to hit the dance floor, where they performed an American Smooth to It Had Be You by Harry Connick Jr. and got a score of 20.

After his performance, the singer was surprised with a video message from his friend Stacey Giggs, who showed up with her dog and said, “Hello baby, well done tonight, it fits great. We are so proud of you and can't wait for you to come home. We love you very much. "

JJ and Amy were next up with their jive, but it didn't impress the judges as much as the other performances and they got the lowest score of the night at 17 out of 30.

Maisie Smith and Gorka Marquez entertained the audience with a cha-cha-cha for girls who just want to have fun by Cyndi Lauper.

Even though Craig and Shirley said the EastEnders actress was "stiff," the couple still got an impressive score of 24.

Bill Bailey and Oti Mabuse had one of the best performances of the night with their street dance to rapper & # 39; s Delight from The Sugar Hill Gang.

The comedian received high praise from the judges and received a score of 27, including a 10 from Shirley.

Next came Caroline Quentin and Johannes Radebe, who performed a waltz to With You I'm Born Again by Billy Preston and Syreeta Wright and got 22 points.

The penultimate performance went to Jamie Laing and Karen Hauer, who were both delighted after receiving a score of 25 from Gipsy Kings for their Samba to Bamboleo.

Clara Amfo and Aljaz Skorjanec were at the top of the list when they ended the show on Saturday with a Charleston to Babyface from Julie Andrews.

The radio DJ received a score of 29, including a 10 from Shirley and Anton, and then said she "didn't expect this".

Motsi appeared via video link from home and praised Clara for her efforts and said, "I'm so emotional right now, Clara, I don't want to cry. I'm so glad this happened for you because I said you did have the power.

& # 39; You look beautiful. Everything was up and you just have to go ahead now because we know you can. & # 39;

Shirley said of the dance, "Oh my gosh, I mean, I wasn't your top scorer, I just look at my scores here and I see you the metamorphosis, the nice shoulder line, the vertebrae, the plot, those legs me mean, you were absolutely brilliant today. & # 39;

On Friday it was confirmed that Anton would stand for Motsi on the jury this Saturday.

In a statement, the show wished the dancer "good luck" as he prepared to make his debut as a judge on the show after Motsi announced Thursday that they were isolating for two weeks after an "urgent trip" to Germany would.

Minutes later, Anton reposted the announcement on his own social media and was no doubt excited about the new job after 16 years on the show.

For years fans have been campaigning for Anton to get a job on the Strictly jury, as he is the longest-serving professional dancer on the show and has been part of Strictly since the beginning of 2004.

That year he was the first professional to be eliminated alongside former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith.

Last year it was reported that Anton threatened to quit the show after missing a job on the jury in favor of South African dancer Motsi.

Sources claimed Anton felt fit for the job after Darcey Bussell left last year.

A source told The Sun at the time, “He said if they were being recruited into the Strictly family, he should be. And even though he didn't do a screen test for the role, he still thought he had a chance. & # 39;

The source added: “When the news came that Motsi was the new judge, he was furious. And he claimed he would quit if the Strictly bosses didn't give him an "improved" position.

"It was a real nudge to his pride, especially since this is the second time he's been overlooked."

Legend: For years fans have been campaigning for Anton to get a job on the Strictly Judging Jury, as he is the longest-serving professional dancer on the show

Legend: For years fans have been campaigning for Anton to get a job on the strict jury because he is the longest-serving professional dancer on the show

Take a break: Motsi announced that she would not be on the show for two weeks while she was quarantined after returning from Germany

Take a break: Motsi announced that she would not be on the show for two weeks while she was quarantined after returning from Germany

Saturday's show was also the first that Katya and Nicola were absent after they were forced to leave the competition.

A strict representative confirmed to MailOnline that the bosses are not opening an investigation into how Katya got infected with the virus, as there is no indication of where she may have caught it.

They added that since the dancer lives alone and has only left her home to exercise, she has not socialized with others.

It is understood that a number of crew members were forced to self-isolate after coming into contact with Katya.

This also means that in the Strictly final next month there will only be four couples instead of the planned five.

Shortly after Strictly confirmed the news of the couple's exit, Katya posted on Instagram that her "heart was broken" before paying tribute to her partner.

Tragic: Strictly speaking, the bosses have confirmed the departure of Nicola and Katya in a statement they published on social media

Tragic: Strictly speaking, the bosses have confirmed the departure of Nicola and Katya in a statement they published on social media

A strict spokesman confirmed to MailOnline that Katya is asymptomatic and the couple are now separately isolating themselves under the latest government guidelines.

The pairing of Nicola and Katya made history as it marked the first time in the show's 16-year history that a celebrity and professional partner of the same sex competed.

Strictly speaking, the bosses have also confirmed that Nicola will not return to next year's show as a candidate.

In a statement Andrea McLean read on Loose Women on Friday, the bosses said that Nicola was too advanced in the competition to return in the future because she had an "unfair advantage".

How's Strictly 2020 going during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Strictly Come Dancing has put in place a number of strict measures to ensure the new series can continue during the COVID-19 crisis.

Celebrity participants and their professional partners are tested regularly, with the cast and crew being instructed to isolate themselves in case they contract the virus.

The bosses have already confirmed that celebrities who tested positive at the beginning of the series will be banned from the show. According to reports, celebrities are on standby.

The professional dancers have already recorded their group performances after isolating themselves together in a hotel.

It has also been claimed that celebrities and professionals will be banned from the show if they are caught kissing while filming.

Strictly in 2020, the series was also shortened to just nine weeks, with 12 instead of the usual 15 celebrities taking part.

The show's annual trip to Blackpool has been canceled, along with this year's Halloween and Christmas specials.

Only three judges – Craig Revel Horwood, Shirley Ballas and Motsi Mabuse – will be in the studio with separate podiums after Bruno Tonioli was unable to show up due to travel concerns.

Senior judge Bruno has announced that he will be "remotely involved" and hopes to return to full-time work towards the end of the show while filming the US version of the show in Los Angeles.

With a limited studio crew, you may not be able to build large sets. Hence, producers use augmented reality which adds computer generated elements.

To ensure that the participants can work closely with their partners, they are "gushed" for training and tested regularly.

Strictly speaking, there will still be a live audience, but fans will sit in groups at separate tables and only participate if they come from the same household or bubble.

(tagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) tvshowbiz (t) Tess Daly (t) Germany (t) Strictly Come Dancing