Seafood gratin with caramelized apple
This dish comes from a restaurant in Dieppe called Le Newhaven. I wonder if there are restaurants called Le Dieppe in Newhaven! I thought the accompanying sautéed apple might be a little too "normande" for foreign consumption, but it was really nice.
I thought the accompanying sautéed apple might be a little too "normande" for foreign consumption, but it was really nice
450ml fish broth (see the book for homemade)
400 g white fish fillets, skinned and cut into 2 cm pieces
200g cleaned scallops
400 g raw shrimps, peeled
50ml white wine
150 ml whole milk
100ml double cream
50 g butter
2 leeks, halve lengthways, wash and cut into slices
50 g of flour
Salt and black pepper
small handful of flat parsley, chopped
80 g Emmental cheese, grated
50 g panko breadcrumbs
3 or 4 dessert apples
3 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tablespoons of golden powdered sugar
- Bring the broth to a boil in a pan, then add the fish fillets and poach for a minute. Add the scallops and poach for another minute, then the prawns for one last minute. Remove them all with a slotted spoon and set them aside. Add wine, milk and cream to the broth and bring to a boil.
- Melt the 50 g butter in another large pan, add the leek and cook for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the flour and stir well, then add the milk and broth mixture, one ladle at a time. Keep stirring until all of the liquid is incorporated and the sauce is smooth and without lumps. Bring the sauce to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Preheat the grill.
- Grease 6 flat, ovenproof baking dishes or a large bowl with a size of approx. 30 cm x 25 cm. Put the poached fish, scallops and shrimp in the pan and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley and pour the mixture into the baking dish. Mix the cheese with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over it. Grill for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Once you've made the gratin in advance and cooled it, preheat the oven to 200 ° C / 180 ° C and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the top is brown and the filling bubbles.
- While the gratin is cooking, peel and core the apples and cut them into 2 cm pieces. Melt the butter in a coated pan, then add the powdered sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the apple pieces and stir to spread the butter. Then cook them for about 10 minutes until the apples have softened and are covered with a caramel sauce. Serve the gratin with the caramelized apples and some good bread.
TIPPING If you want, you can also use cooked or frozen seafood like shrimp, scallops, and lobster. Simply add the poached white fish to the pan.
. (tagsToTranslate) dailymail (t) home (t) you