TOP TRENDING

Rogue SAS Afghanistan Execution Squad carried out a series of nightly murders in Afghanistan


Secret court files allege that a "villainous" SAS unit has carried out night missions that have executed civilians in Afghan villages.

The treasury was previously held by the government from an ongoing High Court lawsuit, resulting in a judge asking Defense Secretary Ben Wallace for an explanation.

Communication within the high ranks of the special units is enormous Concern for killing over 33 Afghans in 11 different night attacks on houses in the same unit.

Extreme allegations have been revealed in court documents that a "villainous" SAS unit has carried out night missions that have executed civilians in Afghan villages (stock photo).

The documents inspected by the Sunday Times Insight team reveal a major incident that is believed to be a quadruple murder by British troops and is now the focus of the case.

Special Forces emails "deeply troubling," says the lawyer of the deceased's relative

Emails from internal special forces units released in a high court case regarding the death of four SAS Afghans shot dead were described by a lawyer for a relative of the deceased as "deeply troubling".

Documents showed that "immediate and serious concerns" regarding the killings in Helmand province were raised in February 2011 and members of the British Army at the time expressed concerns about a "pattern of killings by the same unit," the lawyer said.

Saifullah Yar, in his mid-20s, has received a judicial review of the deaths of four of his family who were shot on February 16, 2011.

The emails were communicated to his legal team during the High Court hearing last month.

His lawyer Tessa Gregory from the law firm Leigh Day said: “The published material is deeply disturbing. This not only shows that the Afghan partnering unit raised immediate and serious concerns about the shootings of our customers' relatives, but also that members of the British Army expressed concerns that the shootings were part of a kill pattern from the same unit. There was even a hint insisted that there was a targeted policy to kill combat-aged men when they were not a threat.

“It is very worrying that all of this has remained almost hidden.

"Our client was almost excluded from the lawsuit because the government repeatedly stated in the process that there was no basis for initiating an independent investigation prior to 2014 or for investigating shootings that did not comply with the rules of procedure.

“What has been revealed makes it clear that it is not true. This adds significantly to our customer's concern that a cover-up has occurred and has made him more determined than ever to find out the truth about what happened to his loved ones. & # 39;

On February 16, 2011, the nameless SAS unit arrived in the village of Gawahargin in the southern province of Helmand with a Chinook helicopter.

They were looking for a young man named Saddam who was suspected of being a member of an enemy gang that planted roadside bombs.

They raided his family home with a trained laser sight, and family members, including his 19-year-old brother Saifullah, stepped into the night with their hands raised.

The women and children were handcuffed and had black hoods on their heads when they were held in part of the small area.

They heard gunshots in the next few minutes.

After the special forces soldiers started, Saifullah went back to the house looking for his father. He found him and later his brothers and cousins ​​dead and with several bullet holes in their heads.

Two years later, Saifullah's uncle filed an illegal arrest and ill-treatment lawsuit against the British government for being detained for 20 days after the SAS attack and then released without charge.

As part of the lawsuit, the allegation of the four civilian murders was brought to the Royal Military Police (RMP) Special Investigation Division, who believed the allegations were serious enough to initiate an investigation in March 2014.

However, the circumstances of the trip will be forgotten in extraordinary communications between members of the unit and high-level special forces that have been revealed in court.

When a computer connection to the mission report was broadcast that morning, a sergeant major in the SAS squad inquired at 6.56am via email: "Is that about it? . . last massacre! I've heard a few rumors. & # 39;

In response, a senior non-commissioned officer sent back a note detailing the apparently official line to the details.

He describes the death of Saifullah's cousin Ahmad Shah and writes: “Basically for the tenth time in the past two weeks when they sent a B (Afghans) back to the A (a building) to open the curtains (??) he reappeared with an AK (AK-47 assault rifle). & # 39;

Then he described his father's death and said that they went with another Afghan man, B, to another building labeled "A" to "open the curtains" when the man grabbed a grenade and put it on it threw. Fortunately, it didn't start, but the man was shot.

The email ends with a reference to the shootout outside the site of one of Saifullah's two brothers, Saddam. Finally, they shot a man who was hiding in a bush and holding a grenade. You couldn't make it up! & # 39;

But the strange details of the deaths in which Afghan men conjure up AK47s and grenades from beds and behind the curtains that the officials had ordered them to open have raised eyebrows in the chain of command.

The documents inspected by the Sunday Times Insight team reveal a major incident that was alleged to have been a quadruple murder by British troops and is now at the center of the case (stock photo).

The documents inspected by the Sunday Times Insight team reveal a major incident that was alleged to have been a quadruple murder by British troops and is now at the center of the case (stock photo).

In a note written on the day of the murders, an official said he had a "very difficult" meeting with the colonel in charge of an Afghan partner unit (APU) about the incident.

The colonel brought nine of his soldiers with him, one of whom was a relative of Saifullah's family and who assured that the dead were teachers and farmers, not Taliban followers.

It is believed that the meeting has become so hot that an Afghan soldier has drawn his pistol and asked to shoot one of his mentors at the Special Boat Squadron (SBS), the SAS Maritime Regiment.

An SBS officer wrote: "He (the colonel) repeatedly asked me to explain to the officer in the room why his family was first arrested and then killed by the British, especially since there was no evidence."

The colonel said his soldiers had reported that no one had fired on the coalition forces, but the men were "shot anyway".

The officer's note added, "He suggests that two men were shot to run away and that the other two men were" murdered "at the target after they had already been arrested and searched."

There is also concern that out of the 33 deaths, 10 were nearly identical when a captured male family member returned to his empty house to clear the way for a room search, just to get a gun and the soldiers in attack "clearly impossible opportunities".

The death and behavior of the SAS in Afghanistan was a problem at headquarters in the UK. A senior commanding officer who heard of men seemed to be pursuing a policy by the SAS that "men of combat age … even if they were not a threat".

In a note, he also said there was a second concern that "the number of times the" head of the family "Bs (Afghan men) was invited to lead the clearance clearance and then became engaged and killed".

In the same month, April 2011, a special forces commander sent a review of all incidents since December 2010 to superiors, raising concerns that the number of people killed was greater than the number actually found by the SAS at the scene Weapons.

He concluded: "I think there is enough here to convince me that we are doing some things wrong."

In response to the Sunday Times story, the Department of Defense said, "This is not new evidence, and this historic case has been independently investigated by the Royal Military Police as part of Operation Northmoor.

& # 39; Four reviews were also undertaken by an independent review team.

& # 39; These documents were considered part of the independent investigation, which concluded that there was insufficient evidence to submit the case to law enforcement.

"The service police and law enforcement agencies are of course still open to investigating allegations if new evidence, evidence or information emerges."

(tagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) News (t) Afghanistan (t) Ben Wallace