Prince Andrew works out "how to serve the monarchy" while planning a return to royal duties
- Duke of York resigned from his service after the auto accident interview with Newsnight
- Now the prince seems determined to return and resume a public role
- However, the palace reportedly insists that there are "no plans to review" the Duke's status
Prince Andrew is working on "how to serve the monarchy" while planning a return to royal duties, as claimed last night.
The beleaguered Duke of York resigned from his duties "for the foreseeable future" after his car accident interview with Emily Maitlis last year.
Since then, the 60-year-old has seen a number of controversies that have resulted in a "busted flush" with a "toxic" presence.
Prince Andrew, pictured on Saturday, is working on "how to serve the monarchy" while planning a return to royal duties, as claimed last night
PRINCE ANDREW's name was missing from the Maxwell Court filing
The name of the Duke of York was edited from the court records by Ghislaine Maxwell.
Alleged victim Virginia Roberts Giuffre accused Prince Andrew of having sex with her when she was 17 years old.
More than 400 pages were published for the first time on Thursday. Maxwell is currently in prison in New York pending trial against the sex trafficking.
In her adopted home of Cairns in the far north of Queensland, the American Giuffre said she was glad the documents had been unsealed and asked why several names, including the Prince's, had been edited.
She said to ABC, “I'm very angry.
"I don't understand why we're protecting someone who hides behind mommy's skirt and says," I didn't do it. "His name should have been out there in the dump."
In the November interview, he tried to improve the record by speaking about allegations that he had sex with 17-year-old Virginia Roberts three times, which he strongly denied.
But he was widely convicted for showing no remorse for his friendship with convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
The interview sparked days of disastrous headlines and prompted a number of companies and charities to leave him.
In March, the Duke of York hired PR expert Mark Gallagher, nicknamed "Backroom Fixer", to deal with the aftermath of the scandal.
Now, almost 12 months later, the prince appears determined to return and resume a public role sometime next year if legal issues can be resolved with US authorities investigating Epstein, who died in prison.
A source told the Times: “The Duke spends time figuring out how to serve his country and support the monarchy in the future, and what else he wants to do with his life.
He is imprisoned at the Royal Lodge [his home on the Queen & # 39; s Windsor estate] pondering his future ministry and public role. He has some clear thoughts.
“He is very sensitive to the mood in the public and is very aware that the public is the most important stakeholder. He feels he has support from his family, including all of his siblings and parents. & # 39;
Buckingham Palace reportedly distanced itself from the allegations, however, and insisted that there were "no plans to review" the Duke's status.
The beleaguered Duke of York resigned from his duties "for the foreseeable future" after his car accident interview with Emily Maitlis last year
In the November interview, he tried to improve the record by speaking of allegations that he had sex with 17-year-old Virginia Roberts three times, which he strongly denied
According to the newspaper, any possible comeback would first have to be crushed in talks with the Queen, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cambridge, palace officials and the government.
Another source insisted that talks had taken place, but admitted that the prospect of Andrew resuming an official role was unlikely.
The prince wore face-covering yesterday when he was seen for the first time since the bombing Ghislaine Maxwell files were released on Thursday.
It comes when Maxwell's family alleged that they were treated "vengefully" and "cruelly" by prison guards – which led to an attempt to get them out of prison.
The Duke of York spoke animatedly to a passenger as he drove his Range Rover away from his home in Windsor this morning.
A 418-page document was released on Thursday detailing how Maxwell admitted to having a close relationship with Jeffrey Epstein.
In the 2016 bombing, she refused to discuss her sex life as she dodged questions about orgies, underage girls and Prince Andrew.
Buckingham Palace has been asked to comment on allegations that the Duke was planning a return to royal duties.