PINCH OF NOM: Chicken Tikka Masala
We love a good curry and this chicken tikka masala is the perfect "fakeaway" if you crave an Indian while following a weight loss plan. It's low in calories, but it doesn't taste to taste – it feels very rich despite the use of fat-free yogurt. You can make it as spicy or mild as you like – add extra hot chili powder if you prefer spicy, or leave it out if you don't like the heat.
Make sure the hob is set to low heat and stir in the remaining yogurt marinade and fresh coriander. Let it cook for 5 minutes. Serve with your choice of accompaniment
PREPARATION TIME 10 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
WEEKLY ENJOYMENT – CALS PER SERVING 359
FREEZABLE AND GLUTEN FREE
FOR THE MARINADE AND THE CHICKEN
250 g Greek-style non-fat yogurt
Juice of ½ lemon
2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
3 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground ginger
1 teaspoon of garlic granules
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 large chicken breasts (skin and visible fat removed)
FOR THE SAUCE
low-calorie cooking spray
1 large onion, chopped
3 tbsp tomato puree
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon of Garam Masala
400 g canned tomatoes
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Put the yoghurt, lemon juice and marinade spices in a large bowl. Cut the chicken into cubes and add to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Once the chicken is marinated, heat a large pan over moderate heat. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and cook the onion until soft – this takes about 5 minutes.
- Put the tomato puree in the onion and let it cook for a few minutes. Add the crushed garlic and garam masala, cook for a few minutes, and stir in the canned tomatoes. Hold on low heat.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the marinade and set aside the remaining mixture of yogurt and spices. Put the chicken in a separate pan and lightly brown on the outside, then add to the tomato sauce. Mix to mix and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sliced pepper and cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Make sure the hob is set to low heat and stir in the remaining yogurt marinade and fresh coriander. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Serve with your choice of accompaniment.
. (tagsToTranslate) dailymail (t) home (t) you