A father of two killed in a drive-by shooting in East London was named after a spate of bloody violence that resulted in five murders in the capital in four days.
He was shot in the head at 10:14 p.m. on Sunday by unknown assailants who shot from a car on Balfour Road in Ilford, East London.
Despite the efforts of Met police officers and paramedics from London Ambulance, 30-year-old Jason Diallo from Ilford was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mr. Diallo's family said: “Jason was a kind, gentle, and loving man who was an amazing husband and devoted father to his two children whom he absolutely adored.
"We cannot describe how much Jason is missed by all of his family and everyone who knew and loved him."
Police have released the name of a father of two who was fatally shot while driving past in East London. This was the capital's fifth homicide investigation in four days. Jason Diallo, 30, of Ilford, died on Sunday
Detective Chief Inspector Perry Benton of the Met's Specialist Crime (Homicide) division said the grieving family "deserves to know what happened and hold those responsible to justice".
He said, “Jason was attacked by the occupants of a car, who shot him and left him to die on the street.
“I appeal to everyone who has been in the area and witnessed part of this incident to contact us. Did you drive near Balfour Road that night and get dash cam footage? If so, please check and see if you've captured anything that might help us.
“I would also ask local residents with video surveillance or bells if they have any footage that could help us.
Police were called to report that a man had been shot in the head at 10:14 p.m. on Sunday in Balfour Road, Ilford, East London. In the picture: forensic scientists on site on Monday
Meetings with police officers and the London Ambulance Service were present but, despite their best efforts, Diallo was pronounced dead at the scene
"My message to members of the local community is to come forward and tell my officials anything that may help this investigation."
The police have asked anyone with information or footage about the incident to call the incident room on 020 83451570, quoting the reference number 8011 / 01Nov.
Alternatively, information can be passed on anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
BCU commander Stephen Clayman of the Met's East Area Command Unit said a team of specialists was leading the investigation into Mr Diallo's death.
"They will continue to see local officials on patrol to reassure them, and I encourage anyone who has concerns to speak to them," he said.
"We will continue to tackle violence in Redbridge by specifically patrolling specific areas, focusing on those we believe may be involved in violent crimes and working closely with the council."
The investigation into the shooting of Mr Diallo is the fifth murder investigation in four days
The murder comes after the Metropolitan Police announced an investigation into other deaths in the capital that have taken place in Wandsworth, Greenwich, Paddington and Chessington.
The death of a 19-year-old in Paddington on Saturday marked the 100th teenager murdered since Sadiq Khan was elected Mayor of London in 2016.
The dire milestone was reached four years and five months after Mr Khan's tenure as Mayor, two years and three months faster than under the rule of his predecessor, now Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
Of the 100 teenagers killed while Mr Khan held the reins in City Hall, 85 were stabbed and 11 shot while four were killed by other means.
Only four of the victims were girls.
The two youngest victims were only 14 years old, while nine 15-year-olds, nine 16-year-olds, 22 17-year-olds, 35 18-year-olds and 23 19-year-olds were also killed.
Detective Chief Inspector Perry Benton of the Met's Specialist Crime (Homicide) Department said the grieving family "deserves to know what happened and hold those responsible to justice". Pictured: the scene of the shooting with a police cordon on Monday
A total of 38 of the murders took place in south London and 62 north of the Thames.
In the eight years that Boris Johnson was mayor from May 4, 2008 to May 9, 2016, a total of 118 teenagers were murdered in London.
The 99th teenager killed was 15-year-old Joseph Marafini, who was stabbed to death in Wandsworth, southwest London last Thursday.
Imran Boujdellal, 19, from Walworth, south London, was charged with murder Saturday and was due to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
A 39-year-old woman was found dead in Greenwich, southeast London on Friday.
Police confirmed that a 41-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder.
The police have asked anyone with information or footage about the incident to call the incident room on 020 83451570, quoting the reference number 8011 / 01Nov
Scotland Yard said its officials believe the suspect and the deceased knew each other.
On Saturday, police charged 71-year-old Keith Bettison of murder after the death of a woman in Chessington, on the south-west outskirts of London.
Officials were called at an address in Ranyard Close in the early hours of the morning over concerns about a woman's welfare.
A 48-year-old woman was later pronounced dead at the scene.
The 19-year-old was stabbed to death in Paddington during a fight between a group of men.
Officers and paramedics participated in reports of the fight shortly after 10 p.m. but were unable to rescue the teenager with first aid and he was pronounced dead at the crime scene on Fernhead Road in West Kilburn.
A 20-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and taken into custody at a central London police station.
(tagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) News (t) London