Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are "likely" to be in the UK for an "extended period of time next year" to attend Trooping the Color and the unveiling of the new Princess Diana statue, their royal biographer has claimed.
Omid Scobie, co-author of the bombshell biography Finding Freedom, said the 35-year-old Duke and 39-year-old Duchess of Sussex had "many reasons to live in the UK" in the spring and summer of 2021.
On the Heirpod podcast, Omid said, “In March we have the Invictus games in The Hague, which have been postponed. In June we have Trooping the Color, which Prince Harry and Meghan would like to attend, and on July 1st we have the unveiling of the statue (Princess Diana). & # 39;
The Duke appeared on a new video call to promote his latest project – a Netflix documentary about the Paralympics.
Meghan Markle, 35, and Prince Harry, 39, will "likely" spend long periods of time in the UK, according to Omid Scobie, to attend Trooping the Color and the unveiling of the new Princess Diana statue
Omid Scobie said the couple had "many reasons to move to the UK" in spring and summer 2021
On the podcast, Omid stated, "I wouldn't be surprised if the Sussexes were to be in the UK for an extended period next year."
He went on to discuss several engagements for the couple spanning the spring and summer periods, including appearances in The Hague and the UK, before adding, “There are many reasons they should be based in the UK for this period , depending on whether traveling will be back to normal. & # 39;
It comes when Prince Harry said he hopes his new Netflix documentary about the Paralympics is "ambitious" in a new video call with his co-stars for people "no matter how tough life is".
The Duke stars in a new Netflix documentary, Rising Phoenix, released Wednesday that tells the story and stories behind the Paralympic Games.
It comes when Prince Harry joined a video call with athletes who appear next to him in a new Netflix documentary as he praises their "stories and strengths".
He participated in a video call with athletes featured in the documentary earlier this week and said in a clip broadcast yesterday on the Today program, “Your stories, the strength you show are incredible. And I think it has to be seen more, it has to be shown more in order to get rid of stereotypes and prejudices.
"The hope is that people will see this movie and think, 'No matter how hard my life is, how hard a day or a week can be, that's what I strive for. "
Omid had previously claimed the Duke and Duchess would be returning to the UK to resume their charity work once travel restrictions on the lockdown wear off.
Speaking to Royal Central, Scobie said the couple "love to get out and be active in the field".
The Duke looked relaxed in the documentary and talked about the success of the 2012 Paralympic Games in London
"Harry and Meghan have made it clear that their work in the UK, including their royal patronage, will continue," he said.
"While her base will be in the US, I think we will move her again and make trips to the UK, both privately and professionally."
He added: "Much of the work that has already started, including all four of Meghan's patronages, is taking place here on British soil."
But although Scobie pointed out that the Queen told the couple, who resigned as senior members of the firm in March, that the door was "open", he said he didn't think they would return to the UK full-time Royals.
Omid said the couple would like to attend Trooping the Color as well as the unveiling of the new Princess Diana statue at Kensington Palace (pictured Prince Harry, Prince William and Princess Diana).
He said, “The Sussexes are more concerned than ever with the issues that matter to them. Work on Archewell – their nonprofit – continues, and as we saw recently, they have established a permanent family base in California.
"Britain will always be important to them, but I don't think we'll ever see that again as working royals."
His latest comments come after it was announced yesterday that a new Princess Diana statue will be installed at Kensington Palace next year.
A statement on behalf of the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge issued by Kensington Palace read: “The statue commissioned by Prince William and Prince Harry to commemorate their mother Diana, Princess of Wales will be Her 60th birthday was installed on the stand next year. & # 39;
The co-writer of Finding Freedom has previously claimed the couple would return to the UK if travel restrictions ease amid the coronavirus pandemic
Commissioned to mark the twentieth anniversary of Princess Diana's death, the statue pays tribute to her positive impact in the UK and around the world.
It will be installed in the sunken garden of Kensington Palace on July 1, 2021 on the occasion of the princess's 60th birthday.
The brothers announced the order for the statue two years ago on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. The initiative is one of their few remaining joint ventures after a sibling rift and Harry's move to LA.
A source told The Mirror, "Everyone is hoping this will help heal old wounds."
His latest comments come after it was announced that a new Princess Diana statue would be installed at Kensington Palace. Some say the artwork will "help heal old wounds" between Prince Harry and Prince William
Princess Diana died at the age of 36 when the car she was driving in crashed in a Paris tunnel on August 31, 1997.
Announcing the project in 2017, William and Harry said, "It's been 20 years since our mother died and it's time to pay tribute to her positive impact in the UK and around the world with a permanent statue. "
Plans for the new statue next year "will help heal old wounds" after an alleged rift between Prince William and Harry, royal experts said.
Relations between the brothers are said to be still strained after a rift that began when Prince Harry took offense when his "clever" brother warned him not to marry Meghan Markle.
The princess loved walking in the palace gardens and often talked to the staff. In the picture the sunken garden at Kensington Palace
Meanwhile, Prince William is reported to have been furious about the Sussexes decision to publicize their plans for the Megxit before reaching an agreement with the royal family.
Author Omid has claimed that William, a future king, was upset by the decision, believing it damaged the reputation of the royal family.
He told True Royalty TV that the couple cut communications for two months after the Megxit and still barely communicate while their relationship "takes time to heal".
(tagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) Femail (t) Ellen DeGeneres (t) Meghan Markle (t) Oprah Winfrey