Hillary Clinton celebrates a "new side for America" as Joe Biden defeats Trump and becomes the next president four years after her crushing defeat
- Clinton tweeted Saturday that the "voters" had "spoken" by voting for Joe Biden
- She had campaigned for him to win over petitions for months
- Biden's victory comes four years after Trump defeated Hillary by 306-232 votes on the electoral college
- She won the referendum – a fact that she has held on to for years
- Biden won both the electoral college and the referendum
Hillary Clinton celebrated a "new side for America" on Saturday when Joe Biden defeated her old enemy Trump to be elected the next President of the United States.
Voters have spoken and selected Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as our next President and Vice Presidents. It's a ticket to history, a rejection of Trump, and a new side for America. Thanks to everyone who contributed.
“Keep going,” she tweeted after Biden got a call at 11:25. Clinton had long campaigned for Biden to be elected.
Biden's victory comes four years after Trump defeated Hillary by 306-232 votes in the electoral college. She won the referendum – a fact that she has held on to for years. Biden won both the electoral college and the referendum.
Clinton and Biden in 2008 when he fought as Barack Obama's runmate