Many of us feel insecure or even lost in these turbulent times. And when everything seems to be changing, one way is to turn to the wisdom of the old.
Throughout the ban, many of us asked astrologers for advice. Tarot practitioners also report more interest from people looking for readings.
This desire to find the right path is the reason why people have relied on traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years, not only to improve their physical health, but to find out exactly who they are and how they can be happy.
Jean Haner has been studying the spiritual side of Chinese medicine for almost 40 years. After marrying a Chinese family in her twenties, she learned this from her mother-in-law and learned the principles from teachers around the world. Since then she has used it in thousands of personal consultations and translated it into practical solutions.
It identifies which of the five elements or personality types people belong to, and then establishes ways to support their energy.
In our exclusive excerpt from her new book, Jean explains how you can find out what element you are – and then use your potential in a life-changing way …
Jean Haner, who has been studying the spiritual side of Chinese medicine for almost 40 years, shares her advice on changing your life with the elements in a new book (file image).
DISCOVER YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE
You will almost certainly refer to some features of each of the five elements, but there will be one or two where your immediate answer is "That's me!" Reads. Simply answer the following questions with yes or no:
1. You love to stay up late and feel that this is your most creative time.
2. You feel things more deeply than others, but rarely talk about your inner feelings.
3. They don't like brightly lit environments.
4. You sometimes feel alone in the world or very different from other people.
5. You can feel restricted when you have to look at the clock or regulate working hours.
6. Sometimes when you are close to people, you feel like you are looking in from the outside.
1. Once you've done one thing, do you think what's next?
2. You have little patience for people who wallow in their emotions.
3. Frightened people who don't care about every detail can frustrate you.
4. You are a lifelong student and are always looking for ways to develop.
5. You have had experiences in which another person tried to knock you down.
6. They believe that no one can get on in life without an action plan.
1. It is not uncommon for you to think of someone just moments before the call, text, or email.
2. You often base your decision on a flash of inspiration rather than on a logical analysis.
3. You can use lots of exclamation marks when writing to people !!!
4. They cry easily when watching movies or even TV commercials.
5. You tend to be nervous and may even have a panic attack.
6. You tend to speak with your hands and wave them around as you speak.
1. Relationships are the most important things in your life.
2. They love to decorate for the holiday season and enjoy all of the related foods.
3. You sometimes feel like you're there for others, but you don't get much support from them in return.
4. You tend to be very concerned about what can stop you from sleeping.
5. Sometimes you are burdened with so many tasks that you wear yourself out.
6. When people argue, it can be very stressful – you just want everyone to get along.
1. You yearn for time alone at the end of each day.
2. They are sensitive to the feeling of fabrics and scratchy labels.
3. You often notice details that most others overlook, e.g. B. a picture that is crooked.
4. You don't want to make small talk.
5. You have been criticized for being too picky.
6. You plan things further ahead than others.
Answer for each element – how many times have you said yes?
- Once or twice: you have this element in your nature, but it is not your primary element.
- 3-4 times: This element is an essential part of who you are.
- 5+ times: This element is an important aspect of your nature.
When you have a high score in the water category, you prefer to “flow” through life and think and feel more deeply than others.
Because of your inner depth, you don't make quick decisions. You can be a dreamer and feel drawn to downtime, which leads to a nice up and down of your day. But water people often feel different from others and this can lead to fear or trust problems.
Clothing liquid: Each element resonates with a certain color and yours is black – small touches have an effect. Or dress in unstructured clothing and sensual fabrics like velvet.
Live between the waves: Add art to your room that has flowing, wavy lines – or a bowl of water with a flower floating in it. Experiment with candlelight.
Dream a little: Water element refers to the night when we are not in contact with the real world. To increase water energy, read fiction and watch movies instead of focusing on documentaries or reality TV.
Water your intuition: If your water is out of balance, you may not hear messages from your soul. Trust your intuition in a small way.
Drink your meals: To increase the energy of the water in your diet, take more soup. It is full of natural salts and minerals that vibrate with the water frequency.
When your water element heals, you regain confidence in life and feel forward.
Jean said that people with a Wood personality have logic of value and practicability, and revealed that the element benefits from a "clean" diet (file image).
They value logic, practicality and common sense. You want to stay organized to get things done and don't want to sit still for long.
Just as spring is about new growth, as a wood type you will be a lifelong student. However, sometimes your desire to get started leads to impulsive decisions, and you get frustrated if you don't make progress.
Add wood to your wardrobe: Wear more green and practical clothes that you don't have to bother with to better align yourself with Wood's energy.
No more doilies: House plants (but no flowers) support the wood energy. Wood decor looks rustic – no frills.
Move: Wood likes to be active, so don't skip more than one training day (and try outdoors).
Revise your to-do list: Make a new list every day. Check it every time you do something.
Eat clean: This element benefits the most from a "clean" diet. Therefore, reduce your intake of sugar, processed foods and alcohol.
When the element regains its strength, you will find a sense of direction.
Jean revealed that fire personalities think quickly, learn quickly, and light up in activities such as playing with pets and children (file image)
They are naturally warm and loving, but your feelings can flare up too easily.
You can react emotionally or take things too personally.
Firefighters think quickly, learn quickly and usually speak quickly. But your attention may flicker. They work best in short batches. Your energy comes from your heart, but you have to feel loved accordingly and you can fight the fear of rejection.
When you look for stimulation, you can feel scattered. But you model for the rest of us how to live with joy.
Dress hot: Red is the main color of Fire, but animal prints or sparkling jewelry are also suitable – and since Fire is also about passion, try clothes that make you feel sexy.
Warm up your environment: Shapes that are pointed or pointed promote this energy, like art with the sun or heart. Hanging crystals or prisms in the windows give the room fire, as do flowers.
Have fun: Fire activities make you shine. Take a few minutes each day to play with your pet or play around with your children or grandchildren.
Jean advises Fire personalities to compliment others for the joy of making others shine (file image)
Compliments to others: This is the energy that we enjoy making others shine. So give out compliments like sweets.
Start your diet: Have fun while eating. Make a whole meal from starters or eat a dessert first. Choose cooked meals over cold.
When your fire element heals, you can better regain your feeling of joy.
People on earth need a feeling of connection. They worry, but may have a hard time saying no and tend to worry too much.
The earth wants to nourish, just like water has to dream, wood is driven to act and fire has to spread love. The point for each element is to manage these energies. People on earth can tend to feel dissatisfied or unsupported. Learn to mother yourself like you mother others.
Drop the suit: Its main color is yellow, but also beige, brown, gold, delicate pink, peach and warm pastel colors. Or dress more earthy, where comfort is a priority.
Jean said that people with an Earth personality can benefit from sitting instead of eating while on the run (File Image)
Do you feel comfortable: Family photos match this nourishing energy. The earth has to do with receptivity. Therefore, enclose “containers” in your environment, e.g. B. baskets or bowls.
Take a helping hand: prepare yourself for offers of help and your earth will begin to change.
Eat your roots: Add more root vegetables to your diet, especially yellow or orange ones.
Maintain satisfaction: Sit down for your meals instead of eating on the run. Take a break from work after completing each task with the satisfaction that it has been completed.
When your earth element heals, life will feel more stable.
They have strong principles, but metal people often set the bar too high for themselves. They are worried if they haven't found their calling.
They are very special in relationships and can be a perfectionist. You often need time alone to recover.
Metal's gift is to help us live in accordance with our ideals.
Jean said those with a metal personality should take a deep breath when they feel anxious (file image)
Wear your best jewelry: Their colors are white, gray and metallic like gold and silver.
Keep a sacred space: Metal is affected by clutter. Therefore, simplify the display to reduce stress. Designate an area of your home for special purposes. It could be a chair you sit on to read inspiring books or write your diary.
Embrace predictability: Set times for bedtime, waking up and meals. Prepare tomorrow's outfit the night before.
Breathe calmly: In Chinese medicine, metal refers to the lungs. If you are afraid, take a deep breath.
Decorate your dining table: Quality is important to you, so choose the best ingredients and use good porcelain.
When your metal element heals, you will connect to your sacred mind.
Jean Haner's five-element solution is published by Hay House and is available now for £ 13.99. Order a copy from bookdepository.com
(tagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) Femail