Coronavirus Lockdown England: How New Rules Affect Schools and Businesses

Boris Johnson slammed England into a new lockdown tonight as he put in place emergency measures to control the spread of new strains of coronavirus as NHS risks were overwhelmed.

Schools, shops and sports venues will close their doors for six weeks starting Wednesday morning, in scenes not seen since the original lockdown in March last year. Exercise is pretty much the only reason to get out of the house regularly.

The Prime Minister's address at 10 Downing Street came after Nicola Sturgeon slammed Scotland into a new lock from midnight tonight.

Wales has been under lockdown since before Christmas and the Northern Irish executive will announce its own measures when it meets tomorrow.

The latest figures showed an additional 407 people died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 on Monday, and there was a record of 58,784 laboratory-confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK.

What are the new rules for the UK hit by Covid?

Boris Johnson slammed England into a new lockdown tonight as he put in place emergency measures to control the spread of new strains of coronavirus as NHS risks were overwhelmed.

Schools, shops, and sports venues will close their doors for six weeks in scenes not seen since the original lockdown last March. Only shopping with exercise and the essentials is allowed

Schools, shops, and sports venues will close their doors for six weeks in scenes not seen since the original lockdown last March. Only shopping with exercise and the essentials is allowed

The Prime Minister's address at 10 Downing Street came after Nicola Sturgeon slammed Scotland into a new lock from midnight tonight

The Prime Minister's address at 10 Downing Street came after Nicola Sturgeon slammed Scotland into a new lock from midnight tonight


England is placed on a full national lockdown that will last until halfway through February.

All primary and secondary schools will be closed with immediate effect and will only remain open to vulnerable students and children of key workers. They are slated to reopen after the half-time break in February.

It is unlikely that A-Level and GCSE exams will run as planned in the summer. Mr Johnson says, "We recognize that this means that it is not possible or fair for all exams to be taken as normal this summer."

The universities will remain closed to students until mid-February.

Kindergartens remain fully open.

The public should stay home unless they have to go for one of only five reasons:

  • Working when this is not possible from home, e.g. B. Construction works and major public functions.
  • Shopping for necessities such as food and medicine.
  • Exercise, ideally no more than once a day. You can train with anyone in your support bladder or someone who is socially distant.
  • Take care of someone else.
  • For urgent or pre-arranged medical care or escape from an emergency.

All non-essential retailers, hospitality and "personal care" such as hairdressers will have to close if they have not already done so under the tier system.

Restaurants and other eateries can continue to operate for takeout and delivery.

However, pubs are no longer allowed to offer take-away alcohol as many people gather outside to drink.

According to real estate consultant Altus Group, more than 550,000 companies are going to close in England.

The company said that included 401,690 non-essential stores, 64,537 pubs or restaurants, 20,703 personal care facilities, and 7,051 gyms or leisure centers.

21,119 municipal schools and 2,645 private schools will also have to close in England.

Children's playgrounds remain open.

All indoor and outdoor sports facilities, including golf courses and tennis courts, must be closed, and team sports cannot take place outdoors.

Elite sports such as the Premier League can be operated according to their own standards.

Exercise is one of the few reasons people regularly leave their homes across the UK along with shopping for essentials.

Exercise is one of the few reasons people regularly leave their homes across the UK along with shopping for essentials.

Physical education is allowed for children who are still in school.

Extremely Critical At Risk (ECV) people should stay at home even if they cannot work.

You can go for necessities like food and medicine, but avoid busy areas.


According to Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland will again be placed in a national coronavirus lockdown from midnight tonight.

The SNP chairman said the new policy, which will last through January, will include a legally enforceable stay at home rule.

Exercise and important travel are the only reasons people are allowed to leave their homes.

The scheduled reopening of schools on January 18 will also be postponed to February 1 at the earliest, while workers are instructed to work from home wherever possible.

The rules for outdoor gatherings are tightened so that a maximum of two people from two households can meet.

Pubs across the UK remain closed and England banned those who were allowed to sell take-away drinks due to fears about people gathering outside

Pubs across the UK remain closed and England banned those who were allowed to sell take-away drinks due to fears about people gathering outside

In the meantime, the places of worship are closed from this Friday, but weddings and funerals are still allowed to take place.

A maximum of 20 people can attend funeral services and a maximum of five people can attend weddings.

Ms. Sturgeon said the hard new curbs were necessary because of the "soaring" rate of infection north of the border, as she warned the lockdown could be extended beyond January if necessary.

The measures effectively mean a return to the restrictions put in place during the UK's first lockdown in late March last year.

All of mainland Scotland is already in the top tier of the Covid-19 rules, but case numbers have led Ms. Sturgeon to take more drastic action after 2,464 new cases were announced yesterday.

Schools in England are closing immediately, following on from those in Wales and Scotland. The latter two nations have already canceled this summer's exams, and the same can happen in England, with plans yet to be confirmed.

Schools in England are closing immediately, following on from those in Wales and Scotland. The latter two nations have already canceled this summer's exams, and the same can happen in England, with plans yet to be confirmed.

The First Minister explained the measures to come into force on Tuesday and told the MSP in Holyrood: "It is no exaggeration to say that I am more concerned about the situation we are facing now than I have been since March last year. "

It was understood that Senior Cabinet Secretary Michael Gove was calling to discuss restrictions with the leaders of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in a call prior to Mr Johnson's statement.

The latest data shows the number of confirmed coronavirus patients in hospital in England rose 41 percent between Christmas and January 3. These numbers have raised alarms in Whitehall and the healthcare sector.

The exams for Scottish Highers and Advanced Highers 2021 had already been canceled.


Wales has been completely closed since December 20th.

Due to the restrictions, non-essential shops, gyms and restaurants have to remain closed.

After three weeks the rules will be reviewed.

The current rules mean that non-essential retailers, hospitality services, and close contact services like hairdressers will have to close.

Only essential travel is allowed and work from home must be done “wherever possible”.

Two households can form a support bubble that is only allowed to meet on Christmas Day in private gardens or indoors.

House parties, gatherings, and events are prohibited, and schools should use online learning.

A single-person household may join another household during level four restrictions.

Schools and colleges across Wales will switch to online learning by January 18, the country's education minister said today.

Kirsty Williams said the Welsh government will use the next two weeks to work with local government and educational institutions to come up with "the best plan for the remainder of the term".

The government had previously made sure that schools are flexible in the first two weeks of the spring semester so that they can decide when the students want to study again in person.

Universities in Wales are slated to start semesters on a staggered basis and students shouldn't return to face-to-face study unless informed, she added.

Exams in Wales, due to take place in the summer, had already been canceled.


You have to stay home. The most important action we can all take is to stay home to protect the NHS and save lives.

You should follow these instructions immediately. The law will be updated to reflect these new rules.

Leaving home

You are not allowed to walk or be outside your home unless you have to. You can leave the house to:

  • Buy for basic needs, for you or a vulnerable person
  • Go to work, or do volunteer or community service when you cannot adequately do so from your home
  • If you are exercising with your household (or support bladder) or someone else, it should be limited to once a day and you shouldn't travel outside of your area.
  • Hit your support or childcare bubble if necessary, but only if you are legally entitled to create one
  • Seek medical attention or avoid injury, illness, or the risk of harm (including domestic violence).
  • attend training or childcare – for those entitled

Universities, elementary and secondary schools will only remain open to vulnerable children and children of critical workers. All other children study until the half year of February. The settings for the first few years remain open.

The university offering will remain online until mid-February for all but future courses for critical workers.

If you leave home for a valid reason, you should always stay in the village, town, or part of the town where you live. You can leave your region for any reason permitted by law; B. because of work.

If you are at extreme clinical risk, only go out for medical appointments, exercise, or when it is important to go out. You shouldn't take part in work

Meet others

You can't leave home to socialize with someone who you don't live with or who you're not in a support bubble with (unless you are legally allowed to form one).

You can exercise alone, with someone else, or with your household or your support bladder.

You shouldn't meet anyone else you don't live with or with whom you've formed a support bubble unless there is a valid reason why you can.

Stay 2 meters away from people who are not in your household.

Detailed instructions on national blocking

Who this guide is for

These instructions are aimed at people who are fit and healthy. There is additional advice for people who are clinically extremely susceptible to coronavirus and for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus infection. If you are at extreme clinical risk, avoid going to work, school, college, or university and limiting the amount of time you spend outside the home. You should only go out on medical appointments, exercise, or when it is important.

Hands. Face. Room.

About 1 in 3 people with coronavirus have no symptoms and could spread it without realizing it.

Remember – 'hands. Face. Space. & # 39;

  • Hands – Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
  • Face – Wear face covering indoors where social distancing can be difficult and you will come into contact with people you would not normally meet
  • Space – If possible, stay 2 meters away from people you do not live with, or 1 meter if additional precautions have been taken (such as wearing face coverings).

At all costs, follow the directions to meet others safely.

If you can leave the house

You must not leave your home or be outside your home unless you have a "reasonable excuse". This is regulated by law. The police can take action against you if you leave the house without a “reasonable apology” and impose a fine (permanent complaint).

You can get a fixed penalty of £ 200 for the first offense, which doubles to a maximum of £ 6,400 for further offenses.

A "reasonable apology" includes:

  • Work – You may only leave home for work if it is inappropriate for you to do your work from home, including but not limited to those who work in critical national infrastructure, construction, or manufacturing, and require personal presence
  • Volunteering – You can also leave home to do volunteer or community service.
  • Essential Activities – You can leave home to buy things in stores or get services. You can also leave home to do these things on behalf of a disabled or vulnerable person, or someone who is self-isolating.
  • Education and Childcare – You can only leave home for education, registered childcare, and supervised activities for children that you are eligible to attend. Access to education and activities for school-age children is limited. You can find more information on education and childcare here. People can continue existing arrangements for contact between parents and children in whom they are separated. This includes childcare bubbles.
  • Meeting with Others and Care – You can leave home to visit people in your support bubble (if you are legally allowed to form one), to informally care for children under the age of 14 under a child care bubble (e.g. to To enable parents to work and not allow social contact between adults), to look after disabled or vulnerable people, to provide emergency aid, to participate in a self-help group (with up to 15 people) or to take a care break if this care is for a vulnerable person or a person with a disability or is taking a short break in relation to a cared child.
  • Exercise – You can continue to exercise alone, with someone else, or with your household or support bladder. This should be limited to once per day and you shouldn't travel outside of your area. You should keep social distance. See train and meet other people.
  • Medical Reasons – You can leave your home for medical reasons, including a COVID-19 test, for medical appointments and emergencies.
  • Harm and Compassionate Visits – You can leave the house to be with someone who is giving birth, to avoid injury or illness, or to avoid the risk of harm (such as domestic violence). You can also leave the house to visit someone who is dying, someone in a nursing home (if this is permitted under the guidance of the nursing home), a hospice or hospital, or to accompany them to a doctor's appointment.
  • Animal welfare reasons – You can leave your home for animal welfare reasons, e.g. B. To contact a veterinary service for advice or treatment.
  • Communal Worship and Life Events – You can leave your home to attend or attend a place of worship for communal worship, funeral or event related to a death, burial site or memorial garden, or to attend a wedding ceremony. You should follow instructions on how to use places of worship safely and should not mix with anyone outside of your household or support bubble when visiting a place of worship. Weddings, funerals, and religious, belief-based, or memorial services associated with the death of an individual are all subject to attendance restrictions, and weddings and civil ceremonies are exceptional.

There are other reasonable excuses. For example, you may leave your home to comply with legal obligations or to engage in activities related to buying, selling, renting or renting residential property, or when it is reasonable to vote in an election or referendum.

Train and meet other people

You should minimize the amount of time you spend outside your home.

It is against the law to socialize with family or friends unless they are part of your household or your support bubble. You can only leave your home to play sports and not for recreation or recreation (e.g. a picnic or social gathering). This should be limited to once per day and you shouldn't travel outside of your area.

You can exercise in a public place outdoors:

  • of yourself
  • with the people you live with
  • with your support bubble (if you are legally entitled to create one)
  • in a childcare bubble where childcare is offered
  • or, if you are alone, with 1 person from another household
  • Public outdoor spaces are:
  • Parks, beaches, publicly accessible landscape, forests
  • public gardens (whether or not you pay to enter)
  • the site of a cultural heritage
  • playgrounds

Outdoor sports venues, including tennis courts, golf courses, and swimming pools, must be closed.

When around other people, stay 2 meters away from people outside your household – that is, the people you live with – or your support bubble. If this is not possible, maintain a distance of 1 meter with additional precautions (e.g. wearing a face covering).

They have to be used in many indoor spaces, e.g. For example, wear face-covering in shops or places of worship that remain open and on public transport unless you are exempt. That's the law. Read the instructions for face coverings.

Support and child care bubbles

You must meet certain eligibility requirements in order to create a support or childcare bubble. This means that not everyone can form a bubble.

A support bubble is a support network that connects two households. You can only form a support bubble with another household of any size if you meet the eligibility requirements.

It is against the law to create a support bubble if you don't follow these rules.

You're allowed to leave home to visit (and stay with) your support bubble. However, if you are creating a support bubble, it is best if it happens with a household that lives locally. This will prevent the virus from spreading to an area where more people are infected.

If you live in a household with anyone under the age of 14, you can create a childcare bubble. This allows friends or family members from another household to offer informal childcare.

You are not allowed to socialize with your child care bubble and are allowed to avoid seeing members of your child care and support bubbles at the same time.

There are separate instructions for support bladders and childcare bladders.

Where and when you can meet in larger groups

There are still circumstances in which you can meet other people outside of your household, childcare or support bubble in larger groups. However, this should not be for socializing and should only be for permissible purposes. A full list of these circumstances is included in the regulations and includes:

  • for work or for voluntary or charitable services, if this is not reasonable from home. This may include working in other people's homes, for example, nannies, cleaners, social workers supporting children and families, or tradespeople, if necessary. See Instructions for Working Safely in Other People's Homes. If a work meeting doesn't need to be in a private home or garden, it shouldn't be. For example, although you can meet a personal trainer, do so in an outdoor public place.
  • in a child care bubble (only for child care purposes)
  • If authorized, use these services for education, registered childcare, and supervised activities for children. Access to educational and childcare facilities is restricted. You can find more information on education and childcare here.
  • for agreements in which children do not live in the same household as their parents or legal guardians
  • To enable contact between birth parents and cared for children as well as between cared for siblings
  • for potential adoptive parents to meet a child or children who can be placed with them
  • to enable or facilitate the placement or relief of a child or children in the care of another through social services
  • for birth partners
  • Providing emergency assistance and preventing injury or illness or the risk of injury (including domestic violence)
  • to see someone dying
  • to fulfill a legal obligation, such as B. participation in a court or jury service
  • for meetings in prisons or immigration detention centers
  • To provide care or support for vulnerable people or to give a caregiver a break
  • for a wedding or an equivalent ceremony in exceptional cases and only for up to 6 people
  • for funerals – up to 30 people. Wakes and other related ceremonial events can continue in a group of up to 6 people.
  • visiting someone at home who is dying, visiting someone receiving treatment in a hospital, hospice, or nursing home, or taking a family member or friend to a doctor's appointment
  • for elite athletes (and their coaches if required, or parents / guardians if under 18) – or for those who are on an official elite sports path – to compete and train
  • to facilitate a move

Support groups that need to be delivered in person can continue with up to 15 participants formally organized to provide mutual help, therapy, or other forms of support. However, they must take place in a room other than a private household.

Generally, if a group includes someone for whom an exception applies (such as someone who works or volunteers), they are not counted as part of the gathering limit. This means, for example, that a trader can go into a household without exceeding the limit when he is there for work, and the officer at a wedding would not count towards the limit.

If you break the rules

The police can take action against you if you meet in larger groups. This includes breaking up illegal gatherings and imposing fines (fixed criminal charges).

You can get a fixed penalty of £ 200 for the first offense, which doubles to a maximum of £ 6,400 for further offenses. If you hold or are involved in an illegal gathering of over 30 people, the police can impose a fine of £ 10,000.

Protection of people at risk from coronaviruses

If you are clinically prone, you may be at greater risk of developing serious illness from the coronavirus. There is additional advice for those who are extremely clinically susceptible to coronavirus. Those who are at extreme clinical risk should not go to work, school, college, or university and limit the amount of time they spend outside the home. You should only go out on medical appointments, exercise, or when it is important.


You are not allowed to leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (e.g. for work or educational purposes). If you do need to travel, stay local – that is, you shouldn't travel outside of your village, town, or part of a town you live in – and try to limit the total number of trips you make to reduce. The list of reasons why you can leave your home and region includes, among others:

  • work where you cannot reasonably work from home
  • Access to education and caring responsibilities
  • Visit the ones in your support bubble – or your childcare bubble for childcare
  • Visiting a hospital, family doctor and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are worried about your health
  • Buying the goods or services that you need, but should be near you wherever possible
  • Exercise outdoors. If possible, this should be done on site. However, if necessary, you can travel a short distance near you to do so (e.g. to gain access to an open space).
  • Caring for and exercising an animal or veterinary services

If you need to travel, walk, or bike, plan ahead and avoid busy times and public transit routes. This is a great way to practice social distancing while traveling.

Avoid car sharing with anyone outside your household or support bubble. See the instructions for car sharing.

If you need public transportation, be sure to follow the safer tour guides.

Trips abroad

You can only travel internationally or within the UK if you have a legal reason to leave for the first time. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie die öffentliche Gesundheitsberatung in dem Land berücksichtigen, das Sie besuchen.

Wenn Sie nach Übersee reisen müssen (und dies gesetzlich zulässig ist, z. B. weil es sich um eine Arbeit handelt), sollten Sie sich die geltenden Regeln ansehen, auch wenn Sie an einen Ort zurückkehren, den Sie zuvor besucht haben Reiseziel und Reisehinweise des Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).

In Großbritannien ansässige Personen, die derzeit im Ausland sind, müssen nicht sofort nach Hause zurückkehren. Sie sollten sich jedoch bei Ihrer Fluggesellschaft oder Ihrem Reiseveranstalter über die Vorkehrungen für die Rücksendung erkundigen.

Ausländer unterliegen den Bestimmungen für den Aufenthalt zu Hause. Sie sollten nicht ins Ausland reisen, es sei denn, dies ist zulässig. Das heißt, Sie dürfen nicht in den Urlaub fahren.

Wenn Sie Großbritannien besuchen, können Sie nach Hause zurückkehren. You should check to see if there are any restrictions at your destination.

Stay away from home overnight

You cannot leave your home or where you live for a vacation or to stay overnight unless you have a reasonable excuse to do so. This means that holidays in the UK and abroad are not allowed.

This includes staying in a second home or caravan if this is not your main residence. Dies beinhaltet auch den Aufenthalt bei jemandem, mit dem Sie nicht zusammenleben, es sei denn, er befindet sich in Ihrer Unterstützungsblase.

Sie dürfen über Nacht von zu Hause wegbleiben, wenn Sie:

  • besuchen Ihre Support-Blase
  • können nicht zu Ihrem Hauptwohnsitz zurückkehren
  • brauche Unterkunft beim Umzug
  • benötigen eine Unterkunft, um an einer Beerdigung oder einer ähnlichen Gedenkveranstaltung teilnehmen zu können
  • eine Unterkunft für Arbeitszwecke oder freiwillige Dienste benötigen
  • sind ein Kind, das eine Unterkunft für die Schule oder Pflege benötigt
  • obdachlos sind, Asyl suchen, eine schutzbedürftige Person, die Zuflucht sucht, oder wenn sie einem Schaden entkommen (einschließlich häuslicher Gewalt)
  • sind ein Spitzensportler oder sein Hilfspersonal oder Elternteil, wenn der Athlet unter 18 Jahre alt ist und es für das Training oder den Wettkampf außerhalb des Hauses sein muss

Wenn Sie bereits im Urlaub sind, sollten Sie so bald wie möglich zu Ihnen nach Hause zurückkehren.

Anbieter von Gastunterkünften wie Hotels, B & Bs und Caravan-Parks können aus den gesetzlich festgelegten Gründen geöffnet bleiben, z. B. wenn Gäste nicht in ihren Hauptwohnsitz zurückkehren können, diese Gastunterkunft als Hauptwohnsitz nutzen und während des Umzugs eine Unterkunft benötigen. sind selbstisolierend, wie gesetzlich vorgeschrieben, oder würden aufgrund der Schließung der Unterkunft auf andere Weise obdachlos. Eine vollständige Liste der Gründe finden Sie in den Leitlinien zur Schließung bestimmter Unternehmen und Veranstaltungsorte in England.

Die Anbieter von Unterkünften werden außerdem aufgefordert, mit den lokalen Behörden zusammenzuarbeiten, um schutzbedürftigen Gruppen, einschließlich Obdachlosen, Unterkünfte zur Verfügung zu stellen.

Zur Arbeit gehen

Sie dürfen Ihr Zuhause nur verlassen, um zu arbeiten, wenn Sie nicht angemessen von zu Hause aus arbeiten können.

Wenn Menschen nicht von zu Hause aus arbeiten können – einschließlich, aber nicht beschränkt auf Menschen, die in einer kritischen nationalen Infrastruktur, im Bauwesen oder in der Fertigung arbeiten -, sollten sie weiterhin an ihren Arbeitsplatz reisen. Dies ist wichtig, um das Land in Betrieb zu halten und Sektoren und Arbeitgeber zu unterstützen.

Beschäftigte des öffentlichen Sektors, die in wesentlichen Dienstleistungen wie Kinderbetreuung oder Bildung tätig sind, sollten weiterhin arbeiten.

Wo Sie in den Häusern anderer Menschen arbeiten müssen – zum Beispiel für Kindermädchen, Reinigungskräfte oder Gewerbetreibende – können Sie dies tun. Andernfalls sollten Sie vermeiden, sich zur Arbeit in einem Privathaushalt oder Garten zu treffen, in dem möglicherweise keine sicheren COVID-19-Maßnahmen vorhanden sind.

Arbeitgeber und Arbeitnehmer sollten ihre Arbeitsvereinbarungen besprechen, und Arbeitgeber sollten alle möglichen Schritte unternehmen, um ihren Mitarbeitern die Arbeit von zu Hause aus zu erleichtern, einschließlich der Bereitstellung geeigneter IT und Ausrüstung, um Fernarbeit zu ermöglichen.

Das Übertragungsrisiko kann erheblich verringert werden, wenn die COVID-19-Sicherheitsrichtlinien genau befolgt werden. Personen mit höherem Risiko sollten besonders berücksichtigt werden.

Zur Schule, zum College und zur Universität gehen

Hochschulen, Grundschulen (ab Rezeption) und weiterführende Schulen bleiben für schutzbedürftige Kinder und Kinder kritischer Arbeitnehmer offen. Alle anderen Kinder lernen bis zum Halbjahr im Februar.

Unter diesen Umständen halten wir es nicht für möglich, dass alle Prüfungen im Sommer wie geplant durchgeführt werden. Wir werden dementsprechend mit Ofqual zusammenarbeiten, um schnell zu konsultieren und alternative Vorkehrungen zu treffen, die es den Schülern ermöglichen, faire Fortschritte zu erzielen.

Öffentliche Prüfungen und berufliche Bewertungen, die im Januar stattfinden sollen, werden wie geplant durchgeführt.


Diejenigen Studenten, die eine Ausbildung absolvieren und für die folgenden Kurse studieren, sollten wie geplant wieder von Angesicht zu Angesicht lernen und bei ihrer Ankunft zweimal getestet oder zehn Tage lang selbstisoliert werden:

  • Medizin & Zahnmedizin
  • Themen im Zusammenhang mit Medizin / Gesundheit
  • Tierheilkunde
  • Ausbildung (Lehrererstausbildung)
  • Sozialarbeit
  • Kurse, für die eine Beurteilung durch Fach-, Rechts- und Aufsichtsbehörden (PSRB) und / oder obligatorische Aktivitäten erforderlich ist, die für Januar geplant sind und die nicht verschoben werden können (Ihre Universität wird Sie benachrichtigen, wenn dies auf Sie zutrifft).

Studenten, die diese Kurse nicht studieren, sollten, wo immer möglich, dort bleiben, wo sie sind, und ihr Semester online beginnen, wie von ihrer Universität bis mindestens Mitte Februar ermöglicht. Dies schließt Studenten anderer praktischer Kurse ein, die nicht in der obigen Liste aufgeführt sind.

Wir haben bereits Leitlinien für Universitäten und Studenten veröffentlicht, wie Studenten im Frühjahrssemester sicher zur Hochschulbildung zurückkehren können. In diesem Leitfaden wird dargelegt, wie wir Hochschulanbieter dabei unterstützen werden, dass Studierende, die nach der Winterpause zurückkehren müssen, dies so sicher wie möglich tun können.

Wenn Sie an einer Universität leben, sollten Sie während der Semesterzeit nicht zwischen Ihrem ständigen Zuhause und Ihrem Studentenheim hin und her wechseln.

Für diejenigen Schüler, die Anspruch auf Präsenzunterricht haben, können Sie sich bei Bedarf im Rahmen Ihrer formalen Bildung oder Ausbildung in Gruppen von mehr als Ihrem Haushalt treffen. Die Schüler sollten erwarten, die Anweisungen und Einschränkungen zu befolgen. Sie sollten sich sozial von jemandem distanzieren, mit dem Sie nicht leben, wo immer dies möglich ist.


There are several ways that parents and carers can continue to access childcare:

  • Early Years settings (including nurseries and childminders) remain open
  • Vulnerable children and children of critical workers can continue to use registered childcare, childminders and other childcare activities (including wraparound care)
  • parents are able to form a childcare bubble with one other household for the purposes of informal childcare, where the child is under 14. This is mainly to enable parents to work, and must not be used to enable social contact between adults
  • some households will also be able to benefit from being in a support bubble
  • nannies will be able to continue to provide services, including in the home

Care home visits

Visits to care homes can take place with arrangements such as substantial screens, visiting pods, or behind windows. Close-contact indoor visits are not allowed. No visits will be permitted in the event of an outbreak.

You should check the guidance on visiting care homes during COVID-19 to find out how visits should be conducted. Residents cannot meet people indoors on a visit out (for example, to visit their relatives in the family home). There is separate guidance for those in supported living.

Weddings, civil partnerships, religious services and funerals

Weddings, civil partnership ceremonies and funerals are allowed with strict limits on attendance, and must only take place in COVID-19 secure venues or in public outdoor spaces unless in exceptional circumstances.

Funerals can be attended by a maximum of 30 people. Linked religious, belief-based or commemorative events, such as stone settings and ash scatterings can also continue with up to 6 people in attendance. Anyone working is not counted in these limits. Social distancing should be maintained between people who do not live together or share a support bubble.

Weddings and civil partnership ceremonies must only take place with up to 6 people. Anyone working is not included. These should only take place in exceptional circumstances, for example, an urgent marriage where one of those getting married is seriously ill and not expected to recover, or is to undergo debilitating treatment or life-changing surgery.

Places of worship

You can attend places of worship for a service. However, you must not mingle with anyone outside of your household or support bubble. You should maintain strict social distancing at all times.

You should follow the national guidance on the safe use of places of worship.

Sports and physical activity

Indoor gyms and sports facilities will remain closed. Outdoor sports courts, outdoor gyms, golf courses, outdoor swimming pools, archery/driving/shooting ranges and riding arenas must also close. Organised outdoor sport for disabled people is allowed to continue.

Moving home

You can still move home. People outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving house unless absolutely necessary.

Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work. If you are looking to move, you can go to property viewings.

Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing, letting fresh air in, and wearing a face covering.

Financial support

Wherever you live, you may be able to get financial help

Businesses and venues

Businesses and venues which must close

To reduce social contact, the regulations require some businesses to close and impose restrictions on how some businesses provide goods and services. The full list of businesses required to close can be found in the guidance on closing certain businesses and venues in England, but includes:

  • non-essential retail, such as clothing and homeware stores, vehicle showrooms (other than for rental), betting shops, tailors, tobacco and vape shops, electronic goods and mobile phone shops, auction houses (except for auctions of livestock or agricultural equipment) and market stalls selling non-essential goods. These venues can continue to be able to operate click-and-collect (where goods are pre-ordered and collected off the premises) and delivery services.
  • hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs; with the exception of providing food and non-alcoholic drinks for takeaway (until 11pm), click-and-collect and drive-through. All food and drink (including alcohol) can continue to be provided by delivery.
  • accommodation such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites, except for specific circumstances, such as where these act as someone's main residence, where the person cannot return home, for providing accommodation or support to the homeless, or where it is essential to stay there for work purposes
  • leisure and sports facilities such as leisure centres and gyms, swimming pools, sports courts,fitness and dance studios, riding arenas at riding centres, climbing walls, and golf courses.
  • entertainment venues such as theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums and galleries, casinos, amusement arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, skating rinks, go-karting venues, indoor play and soft play centres and areas (including inflatable parks and trampolining centres), circuses, fairgrounds, funfairs, water parks and theme parks
  • animal attractions (such as zoos, safari parks, aquariums, and wildlife reserves)
  • indoor attractions at venues such as botanical gardens, heritage homes and landmarks must also close, though outdoor grounds of these premises can stay open for outdoor exercise.
  • personal care facilities such as hair, beauty, tanning and nail salons. Tattoo parlours, spas, massage parlours, body and skin piercing services must also close. These services should not be provided in other people's homes
  • community centres and halls must close except for a limited number of exempt activities, as set out below. Libraries can also remain open to provide access to IT and digital services – for example for people who do not have it at home – and for click-and-collect services

Some of these businesses and places will also be permitted to be open for a small number of exempt activities. A full list of exemptions can be found in the guidance on closing certain businesses and venues in England, but includes:

  • education and training – for schools to use sports, leisure and community facilities where that is part of their normal provision
  • childcare purposes and supervised activities for those children eligible to attend
  • hosting blood donation sessions and food banks
  • to provide medical treatment
  • for elite sports persons to train and compete (in indoor and outdoor sports facilities), and professional dancers and choreographers to work (in fitness and dance studios)
  • for training and rehearsal without an audience (in theatres and concert halls)
  • for the purposes of film and TV filming

Businesses and venues which can remain open

Other businesses and venues are permitted to stay open, following COVID-19 secure guidelines. Businesses providing essential goods and services can stay open. The full list of these businesses can be found in the guidance on closing certain businesses and venues in England, but includes:

  • essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres, building merchants and suppliers of building products and off-licences
  • market stalls selling essential retail may also stay open
  • businesses providing repair services may also stay open, where they primarily offer repair services
  • petrol stations, automatic (but not manual) car washes, vehicle repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses
  • banks, building societies, post offices, short-term loan providers and money transfer businesses
  • funeral directors
  • laundrettes and dry cleaners
  • medical and dental services
  • vets and retailers of products and food for the upkeep and welfare of animals
  • animal rescue centres, boarding facilities and animal groomers (may continue to be used for animal welfare, rather than aesthetic purposes)
  • agricultural supplies shops
  • mobility and disability support shops
  • storage and distribution facilities
  • car parks, public toilets and motorway service areas
  • outdoor playgrounds
  • outdoor parts of botanical gardens and heritage sites for exercise
  • places of worship
  • crematoriums and burial grounds

Public service

The majority of public services will continue and you will be able to leave home to visit them. These include:

  • the NHS and medical services like GPs and dentists. We are supporting the NHS to carry out urgent and non-urgent services safely, and it is vital anyone who thinks they need any kind of medical care comes forward and seeks help
  • Jobcentre Plus sites
  • courts and probation services
  • civil registrations offices
  • passport and visa services
  • services provided to victims
  • waste or recycling centres
  • getting an MOT, if you need to drive when lawfully leaving home

.(tagsToTranslate)dailymail(t)news(t)Boris Johnson(t)UK Government News and updates on the British Cabinet(t)Coronavirus Lockdowns(t)Nicola Sturgeon(t)Downing Street(t)Coronavirus