Please read them carefully, as all entries that do not comply with the rules will be discounted. The full terms and conditions that you must agree to and are bound by can be found online at dailymail.co.uk/novelcomp
1. Submit your entry, which consists of the first 3,000 words of your novel in English and a summary of the rest of the story in no more than 600 words. All entries must be printed on A4 paper with double spacing and 12 point Times New Roman.
2. Entries must be sent by Friday, June 14, 2019, 5:30 p.m. GMT to the following address: Daily Mail First Novel Competition, c / o Penguin Random House Group, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA. Submissions received after this date will not be judged submitted. (DO NOT SEND YOUR ENTRY DIRECTLY TO DAILY POST.)
3. All entries must contain a cover sheet with your full name and contact details (including home and email address). You must also confirm that you have read the full list of terms and conditions online.
4. Participants may only submit one entry. No manuscripts will be returned. Therefore, keep a copy.
5. All entries must be original, previously unpublished novels on any subject or genre, with the exception of sagas, science fiction or fantasy. Participants must not have previously published a novel – this includes novels that have been published or are only available as eBooks.
6. The participants may not currently be represented by a literary agent.
7. All participants must be able to deliver their full manuscript by January 30, 2020 at the latest if they win.
8. The contest, which you can take part in for free, is open to anyone aged 16 or over who is resident in the UK or the Republic of Ireland, except for the employees (and their families) of the British Penguin Random House group Associated Newspapers Ltd. and any other competitive company.
(tagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) Home (t) books